Sick of this vibration

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
babysquip

Re: Sick of this vibration

Post by babysquip » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 pm

sg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:58 pm
I too had this issue, and my dealer knew what it was before I had even finished describing the symptoms. It's most likely related to the switchable engine mounts, which change their characteristics when idling, so that engine vibrations are not transferred to the chassis.

Those mounts are driven by the engine's vacuum system, to which they are connected through some hoses. When those become leaky (some animals like to chew on them), the engine mounts cannot adjust properly. As a consequence, excessive exhaust vibrations occur sometimes, which we can hear in the video. I also noticed a general increase of idle vibrations when sitting in the car.

Your dealer should probably check the vacuum hoses first, and then anything else related to engine mounts/vacuum system.
A change of dealer is happening HA Fox just dont care And as Vespa says Rybrook Warrington are a lot better. :D

babysquip

Post by babysquip » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Quick update,

I have today rejected the vehicle as I did not realise I have had it 6 months its within rejection time. will keep you all posted

Fingers crossed

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am

babysquip wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:45 pm
Quick update,
I have today rejected the vehicle as I did not realise I have had it 6 months its within rejection time. will keep you all posted
Fingers crossed
Unusual to have so many issues with a My18.
Going from a possible fix at a new dealer to rejection in an hour is pretty quick!
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am

PhilB, the OP's car is MY16. Ex-Jaguar management :) .

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 am

Stephen wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am
PhilB, the OP's car is MY16. Ex-Jaguar management :) .
Ah.
My mistake when he said he had had it less than six months so he could reject it I presumed it was from new.
Could explain the issues.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am

stephendutton63 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm
Vespa wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 am
For the sake of a day off work, get in touch with Rybrook Jaguar Warrington and speak to Tony on service reception. Explain to him what is happening and the reference to the engine mounts and see if they can sort it for you. I am sure that they will with a loan car part of the job. All my jobs have been done 100%
Vespa did you get your vehicle from Warrington. Reason I ask is they are closer to me and I’ve lost DAB are they ok doing warranty work on cars they haven’t supplied. Thanks in advance. Steve
I am sure that any JLR dealer can do warranty work. I bought mine from there as I have dealt with this company as it has morphed from an Austin BMC dealer (around 50 years) to now as Rybrook who are both Jaguar and Volvo. I have always had work done extremely well and always had explanations of the work and any extras done at the time eg .computer updates etc. Reagrding the DAB, I too lose it occasionally but I am sure that it's down to the DAB stations instability in general. A Radio Merseyside presenter calls it "digital dodgital" so it must be something to do with the broad casters as well. Give Rybrook a ring and have a word with them I am sure they will help if they can.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

babysquip

Post by babysquip » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 pm

PhilB wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am
babysquip wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:45 pm
Quick update,
Fingers crossed
Unusual to have so many issues with a My18.
Going from a possible fix at a new dealer to rejection in an hour is pretty quick!
This is an easy one to answer after speaking to Jaguar the Topix SSM72758 is not relevant to my chassis number so they said it wont be this issue at this point I lost it very polite and they left me with no other option, Jaguar CRC have now opened a case and are dealing with the issue will keep you posted.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 am

Hi, my car also makes a vibration noise, have you seen the attached video, have the underside checked with the engine running and see if this is the cause, why Jaguar think leaving a board suspended unattached is not going to wobble and vibrate, i haven't a clue.
Next service I am going to have my dealer look at it up on the ramp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nq6ZyAYqyM
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

babysquip

Post by babysquip » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Domfow wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:00 am
Hi, my car also makes a vibration noise, have you seen the attached video, have the underside checked with the engine running and see if this is the cause, why Jaguar think leaving a board suspended unattached is not going to wobble and vibrate, i haven't a clue.
Next service I am going to have my dealer look at it up on the ramp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nq6ZyAYqyM
Hi, Yes I have seen this and have put to brackets in and this isnt the vibration you hear, I do think its the issue mentioned in the Topix but Jaguar just wont accept it has effected more cars than they think, Good luck with getting it sorted

babysquip

Post by babysquip » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Finally got my car fixed by the great guys at Rybrook Jaguar Warrington, they diagnosed a missing exhaust damper and new back box, so they ordered these and were fitted today only to find it needed a full exhaust so this was fitted with 3 new dampers, the car was still not quiet so they checked the engine mounts and they found they were not holding vacuum so these were also replaced lucky me they had them in stock.

Car is now so so quiet, so thanks to JLR QSD team and to Vespa for telling me to go to Rybrook in Warrington.

HA Fox Chester 12 visits no problem found bunch of Cock Wombles.

Me I am :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”