Manual gearbox problem

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
kristinalva

Re: Manual gearbox problem

Post by kristinalva » Sat May 21, 2016 5:30 am

It will be better to get gear box checked and if the problem is more get it corrected from the professional mechanic.

irishtaff

Post by irishtaff » Sun May 22, 2016 6:45 pm

After 4000km I have just noticed a "swishing" noise under the gaiter when changing from 4th to 5th.... If it gets any worse I'll take it back but it's not a big problem at present

Update 8/6... Just found that by raising the gaiter by hand the noise dissappears. Somthing is obviously rubbing against the underside of the gaiter during gearchange.
Prestige 2.0D MY16 180 IRR, Manual, Light Oyster,Sunroof, !8" Matrix silver wheels, Nav, Lighting Pack, Towbar, Rev assist, Spare wheel, Folding mirrors, and rear seats, Meridian Audio. (+ Skoda exhaust trim )

Steelefist

Post by Steelefist » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:57 pm

I now have a used xe r-sport 180 manual. Beautiful car, inside and out. Lovely and quiet engine. But the feeling through the clutch when changing gears, particularly above 2000rpm or so, is just awful. It's just a horrid, rough mechanical vibration feeling in the pedal that totally ruins the driving experience. Really wish I'd gone for the automatic.

It's only done 3500 miles so can't see it being due to excessive wear and tear. Anybody experienced this and had it corrected?

astrilla

Post by astrilla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:08 pm

I hate this car, i'm very tired with manual gearbox problems, in three times the dealer changes the clutch and in the latest time all the gearbox, the pedal is horrible, and there are many problems to change 1st to 2nd, Jaguar Spain knows all the problems and at this moment I'm looking to change the car, I'm very dissapointed with Jaguar. It's curious, but if you see in the Jaguar website the manual gearbox in the XE it's not available, Anybody knows the reason? I believe that we have too much problems with this gearbox.
Could someone tell me the Jaguar contact customer service in the UK?

Maccyn

Post by Maccyn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:38 pm

No problems at all with my manual XE.
2.0 i4 Diesel 163PS Manual R-Sport in Italian Racing Red, hole in the roof, noisy sound system

Andyteign

Post by Andyteign » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:06 pm

I believe the manual gearbox version has been discontinued now, no idea why as most reviews I saw said it was an excellent box, so I got a manual 180D and I agree, mine has an excellent gearchange and clutch action.
R-Sport 180 in Caesium Blue

1stjag4me

Post by 1stjag4me » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Saw this tweet today from Jaguar UK about manual gearboxes (in diesels) which is why they have removed them from the website;

Hi, Jaguar has identified an issue that affects the current production of 2.0 litre manual transmission diesel XE 163PS and 180PS vehicles. As soon as the issue is resolved these powertrains will be re-introduced. Thanks, Becci - Jaguar UK
MY18 Caldera Red XE R-sport 180ps - Privacy Glass - ICT Pro - Parking Pack - Power folding door mirrors

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

I have now done 34,000 miles in my 2016 manual and no gearbox or clutch related issue. Is the removal of the manual from the option list down to a current production issue or does the issue affect all manuals since 2015, anybody know more?
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Steelefist

Post by Steelefist » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 am

Hi, i'm now trading my manual XE in for an automatic XE. I just don't want to live with that mechanical roughness for the next 3 - 5 years of ownership. Especially since everything else is so smooth.

The Jaguar dealership test drove the car and could tell what I was talking about but they didn't know if it was an issue or not (because the vast majority sold are autos they didn't have any manuals to compare it to). But they were helpful in that they invited me back in a few months to see if ti had changed or gotten worse - in which case they would have a more in depth look into it.

I get the impression the car was really designed for the auto. The new one is a similar spec, 6 months younger and will be odyssey red rather than white!

waveyd66

Post by waveyd66 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:02 am

The manual transmission is a pig of a box, thats why is was discontinued.

I note on one post that someone said ZF attended to the dealership to look at the manual box. ZF only make the auto box so doubt they would attend to look at a manual boc

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”