So, from my previous post - today I have completed the "Halfords DIY"
Bloody hell - who would have thought a 9cm £4.99 part would solve this racket! Im shocked, honestly!
The engine was mildly warm, but I noticed straight away, no unusual ticking noise and she's purring away, however, Ill confirm in the morning.
Having said that, wasn't a 5 minute fix for me, actually took me a whole hour as I just didnt have enough space to get my hands in so had to remove all the clips for the wires running around the coolant tub. Then had to try and move it so i could actually fit a spanner in. Then had an issue with removing the nut because it was way too tight but managed in the end using a hammer on the spanner.
But, got it done in the end, and im very happy...... hopefully...... until tomorrow morning
2015 XE S - IRR/Pimento, Pan roof and more.......