Drive mode self-changing.

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Vespa

Re: Drive mode self-changing.

Post by Vespa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm

I am not ignoring anyone regarding a reply but all what has been stated is correct. I have just had a great 2 1/2 hours trying to get my printer working as it didn't connect to my new router. (*6%@*&5 electronics) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Pete McK

Post by Pete McK » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Stephen wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 am
From the online Owner's Handbook for the MY16 XE:

"Dynamic driving mode will remain selected for approximately 6 hours after the ignition is switched off, after which point it will need to be selected again, if required."

It does not say the same about the Eco driving mode, however.
It will do this for Dynamic, but not for Eco.
Pete.
'17 XE 180d, Caesium blue.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Vespa wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm
I have just had a great 2 1/2 hours trying to get my printer working as it didn't connect to my new router. (*6%@*&5 electronics) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Most stressful things in life:
1. Buying and moving to a new house.
2. Buying a new car.
3. Buying and setting up a new router.

:D
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:49 pm
Vespa wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm
I have just had a great 2 1/2 hours trying to get my printer working as it didn't connect to my new router. (*6%@*&5 electronics) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Most stressful things in life:
1. Buying and moving to a new house.
2. Buying a new car.
3. Buying and setting up a new router.

:D
I must admit I have had a bellyful of electronics this week. First the TV stations decided to change cahannel numbers and I thought just retune and all will be fine. Nooooo, both recorders needed rebooting and one had to go back to factory reset. Then the printer wouldn't connect to the router or computer. Rebooting did nothing, having updates did nothing, unplugging and reconnection did nothing and in the end I went to the HP printer website and they have been apologising for non connection of certain routers. I then downloaded a complete new driver and programming which worked once and disconnected. The only way to get it to connect up was by USB connection and waiting until all 3 talked to each other. Eventually they connected. Then the bloody black ink ran out. More messing about. All this because a building society insisted I print off a form to prove who my wife is, yet they can prove who I am electronically. The question now is where can I buy a washing machine to launder money and will it need connecting to my router. :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Pete McK

Post by Pete McK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 am

Mike Rometer wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:03 am
It also changes the dash layout, which is annoying, as it seems to have to cycle through all the options but the one I want, before eventually getting to it second time around. I haven't fathomed that one yet.
On mine, the content displayed at the bottom can be chosen in 'trip bank' in the options. You can select just a couple - I've got mine down to average mpg, instantaneous mpg and date.
Pete.

devonia

Post by devonia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 am

I have a 16 plate prestige 200, and it always defaults to eco mode , and the screen layout never alters. The only time it ever did was after a battery disconnect.
200ps petrol prestige - glacier white - oyster - sunroof - powerfold mirrors - reversing pack- split rear seats - spare wheel
Mercedes SLC 200 sport

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:39 am

devonia wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 am
I have a 16 plate prestige 200, and it always defaults to eco mode , and the screen layout never alters. The only time it ever did was after a battery disconnect.
Thoughts?? Mine has only done SINCE the battery disconnect!
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Pete McK

Post by Pete McK » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:20 am

The centre display with trip miles, average mpg, range and average speed doesn't change on mine, but the bottom right one next to the gear indicator can be changed with the 'i' button on the end of the stalk. The content of this one can be set with the trip bank.
Pete.

devonia

Post by devonia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:44 pm

does the trip and av mpg also zero?
If so this is symptomatic of a battery disconnect of some sort as this data as well as the screen layout is not retained after disconnect.
Driving mode, however, should default to ECO even after disconnect
200ps petrol prestige - glacier white - oyster - sunroof - powerfold mirrors - reversing pack- split rear seats - spare wheel
Mercedes SLC 200 sport

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 pm

Mine hasn't zeroed anything, just dumped my dashboard settings, and as I said, I seem to have to go round twice to get 'Instant MPG' back. Been all right today and yesterday.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”