Vibration and Rumbling

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
147daytona

Vibration and Rumbling

Post by 147daytona » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Following on from the saga I had in my previous topic (link below) regarding the vibration and rumbling present in my XE, here is the latest episode. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9079

The car went in this morning for further investigation and l received a voicemail this afternoon saying ;
"because your vehicle is fitted with a performance enhancing device, the warranty is therefore void and no further diagnostics can be carried out. The car is now available for collection."

Well I was a bit dumbstruck as to what on earth they were talking about as there is no 'performance enhancing device' fitted to my car!

Upon phoning the dealer back, I spoke to the service manager and asked him about the 'device' and he said it was plugged into the diagnostics port and was labelled Power Magic.

Everything became clearer then, the 'performance enhancing device' they had found was, in fact, the power connector for my Blackvue dashcam!! :lol:

After pointing this out to him he assured me the warranty is still valid and they would continue their investigations into the cause of my concerns.

Watch this space for the next instalment of what looks likely to be a very long and frustrating story! :|
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

BOBCDP

Re: Vibration and Rumbling

Post by BOBCDP » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 am

It does rather make you wonder about the standard of mechanic (Sorry, Technician) being employed by your dealer if they can’t work that one out without you telling them what it was😳😳
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual, 40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel

2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

spritely

Re: Vibration and Rumbling

Post by spritely » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:25 am

I can only say "Lord help us" . Does not inspire any confidence. :(
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.