Differential Oil Leak

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Dendip

Differential Oil Leak

Post by Dendip » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 am

Just had my car serviced by a local Jag independent garage who reports that there is an oil leak from the rear differential. Because it is such a rare thing they do not have the right tools to fix it, so I must go to a main dealer. Can anybody please cheer me up and tell me that it will be covered by my (soon to expire) Jag warranty? Fingers crossed!
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!

RoJo

Re: Differential Oil Leak

Post by RoJo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:11 am

I can't see a oil leak being a wear and tear item, so I'd expect that to be covered under warranty.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

lexie

Post by lexie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am

Crops up on the F type forum occasionally. Warranty repair shouldn't be a problem from posts I've read. You were advised correctly as incorrect fitment of the seal can trash the diff.

https://www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic ... t=Oil+seal
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

Dendip

Post by Dendip » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am

Thanks for your reassuring replies. I'll get it booked in with a main dealer ASAP.
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!

Dendip

Post by Dendip » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Pleased to report that I've just collected my car back from a main dealer who repaired the leak under warranty. So, hopefully, that's a story with a happy ending. Bit surprised that there was no paperwork for me to file away but when asked for it the Service Manager said " nothing for you it's all paperless" Still undecided what to do about the Jag Warranty which runs out in 10 days. Stay with Jag... move to Ramp or keep the dosh under the bed. Would like to finish with a Smilie but I haven't mastered those skills yet.