Differential Oil Leak

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Dendip

Differential Oil Leak

Post by Dendip » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 am

Just had my car serviced by a local Jag independent garage who reports that there is an oil leak from the rear differential. Because it is such a rare thing they do not have the right tools to fix it, so I must go to a main dealer. Can anybody please cheer me up and tell me that it will be covered by my (soon to expire) Jag warranty? Fingers crossed!
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!

RoJo

Re: Differential Oil Leak

Post by RoJo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:11 am

I can't see a oil leak being a wear and tear item, so I'd expect that to be covered under warranty.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

lexie

Post by lexie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am

Crops up on the F type forum occasionally. Warranty repair shouldn't be a problem from posts I've read. You were advised correctly as incorrect fitment of the seal can trash the diff.

https://www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic ... t=Oil+seal
R-Sport 200ps Ammonite grey, parking pack, split fold rear seats, space saver, 14 way seats

Dendip

Post by Dendip » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am

Thanks for your reassuring replies. I'll get it booked in with a main dealer ASAP.
XES 340. IRR with Black/White interior. Previous: S Type SE and XF Portfolio. All a delight to own!