Lost tracks on USB?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Domfow

Lost tracks on USB?

Post by Domfow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 am

Like many on here, I have a large CD collection. Therefore on getting my XE late last year I downloaded a number of albums onto a quality USB stick.
Now I go to my albums list and list tracks standard ICT system:
1. Crowded House Greatest hits - List Empty (all tracks disappeared :o )
2. The Very Best of Supertramp - list 9 tracks ending in 'Dreamer' or list 15 tracks ending in 'Cannonball' (pot luck :o )

At the weekend in the car, I was telling my wife that the new Amazon Christmas Ad uses the Supertramp track 'Give a Little bit', to prove it I went to the album, the list ended at 'Dreamer' (wife thinks i'm dreaming :D ), I got her to remove USB stick reinsert USB stick and hey presto track 13 'Give a little bit' is present and I play and save face, today back to 9 tracks.

Anybody else had this loss of tracks, some albums are totally present. Looks like a new USB stick and a weekend downloading again, unless anybody knows if it is a known problem on the ICT, before any one asks, the tracks are still present when I put USB stick in my PC.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

147daytona

Re: Lost tracks on USB?

Post by 147daytona » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 am

Is it a USB 3 you're using, I did have problems when using a USB 2 but everything OK since using a 3.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

Domfow

Re: Lost tracks on USB?

Post by Domfow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 pm

I've taken the USP stick and scanned the offending album folders and I now find that the two albums I mentioned earlier are now corrupted with system files some with time stamp 2032, now I can't wait 15 years to see what's in them, but they are totally non standard system format, with pure symbols for file names?.
The USP stick has not been out the car since I loaded the albums last year.

Questions
1. when it went in for service did they upgrade the infotainment system and as such corrupt these files?
2. Has the car been patched remotely?

Whatever be aware at service to remove any usp stick, it might get a flash over from any update the infotainment system requires.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”