InControl Touch Pro - Problems driving me mad

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Tony1982

InControl Touch Pro - Problems driving me mad

Post by Tony1982 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:46 am

My XE is 9 months old and the ICT pro drives me mad at times!

It's not all the time but a very common occurrence as the car is driven daily. The problem is sometimes when I start the car the main screen doesn't even come on, meaning I have no access to radio, media, sat nav or anything else controlled on the main screen! The rear camera does display if I put it reverse though. Then it will randomly come to life 10 minutes or sometimes longer into the journey. Then sometimes I will start the car and I will be stuck with the Jaguar logo and again can't do anything, also randomly goes back to normal mid journey after 10 minutes or so. Also, sometimes I will start up and all will appear normal, except it won't let me into the media (everything else works fine), so no radio or streaming music, I press the screen on the media tab and it acknowledges that I am pressing (the media tab indents) but nothing happens, again mid journey after 10 minutes or so the radio will randomly come on and all working again. I've tried restarting the car, even to the point of getting out and locking up and unlocking after a minute or 2 and getting in to start over, it seems nothing like that makes a difference, the thing pretty much operates when it wants to or like it needs to warm up. Sometimes it will be a week to 10 days with it working fine, sometimes it happens every day for a few days, very random!

Another problem I've had is with the streaming music from an apple iPhone 6, it will randomly drop connection so I have to go back to reselecting the phone in the source tab, but then it will again randomly drop connection later on. Other times it loses connection for the first 10 seconds of every song then carries on as normal without any interference from me. It does this both via Bluetooth and via USB. Again this problem does not happen all the time just randomly every so often.

Finally, sometimes it will appear to be streaming music ok, but then I notice the track time display will be frozen or the track name will either be missing or displaying the wrong track details, I will skip the track and the next song plays but the track time and/or name will be frozen on the previous track details, or other times the track details displayed on the main screen will be correct but the track details in the small display behind the steering wheel will be frozen on a different track.

It seems my system is very glitchy/crashy!
- 2017 Jaguar XE S - 3Litre Supercharged - Glacier/Yulong White- 20" 10 Spoke 1014 Wheels - Privacy Glass - Black pack - ICT Pro 380w Meridean - Rear camera -

PhilB

Re: InControl Touch Pro - Problems driving me mad

Post by PhilB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 am

The problems you have mentioned are not unique to the XE.
There is a thread over on the F-Pace forums (Now over 100 pages) about the issues and the updates JLR have been applying.
In a nutshell, updates have caused more problems than fixes and as far as I can recall they are waiting for another version of the update to see if it finally fixes the issues.
Thread here:
https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1718

The only problem I have had two or three times in the last 8 months is the blank screen on start up.
Known as the "Garage syndrome" as it often happens after filling up with petrol.
Personally I think it's something to do with the system having not shut down fully before the re-start but I just stop, switch off, wait a few seconds then restart and it fixes things.
As for phone connectivity and drop-outs it appears to be the iPhone as the vast majority of issues on here with phones relate to Apple products.
As far as your issues I would have a look through the F-Pace thread as some members are saying that most of the problems have been fixed with the most recent version of the update but it's still not 100 %.
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

Tony1982

Post by Tony1982 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks for the info mate
- 2017 Jaguar XE S - 3Litre Supercharged - Glacier/Yulong White- 20" 10 Spoke 1014 Wheels - Privacy Glass - Black pack - ICT Pro 380w Meridean - Rear camera -

SchafferUSA

Post by SchafferUSA » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Yeah I had the problem of the blank screen/apparent system crash/media not working frequently when I first got my XE but after a software update a few months ago it now only happens on very rare occasions. I still have some more regular flakiness with streaming and disconnects with my iphone.

Trip to the dealer in the cards for you. Should fix some of your headache, but don't expect 100% .
2017 XE First Edition AWD, USA model
Equivalent to 35t portfolio
Glacier white, black interior

Petercoll

Post by Petercoll » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 pm

I agree with Phil on the comment about iPhone (6). I had garage syndrome whereby my Spotify would not work after filling up. When I parked to fill up, I pressed the screen for the Shell Fill-Up-And-Go app, went through the process before pumping fuel, and it said there was a problem , pay at kiosk ! It was resolved once I got home, by switching off and re-booting my iPhone.....
MY 17 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.

ianp

Post by ianp » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am

So it's not just me! I've had the same ongoing issues with my pro system and the car has been back to the dealer three times. However the car is in for service in a week's time and I am told that there is a software upgrade that fixes all these issues. We shall see and I shall report back.
XE R-Sport 250t MY16 Caesium Blue Oyster/Black, Meridian 825, InControl Pro, service and heated windscreen.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”