Keyless entry fault

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: Keyless entry fault

Post by PhilB » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Pongo wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Obviously checking / changing the key fob batteries is another thing not on the 130 point (or whatever) pre approved Jaguar checklist despite them probably needing changing on a 30 month old car :lol:

New JLR Motto : "We do our best not to go the extra mile" ? :|
Noo that might cost them money!! :lol:
Good news is that it's pretty simple and uses readily available batteries.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 pm

VW have that ditty :D
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Just checked it again and it works fine on both nearside doors but not at all on both offside doors. I'm guessing there is some kind of separate module for each side of the car.

I feel another warranty issue coming on.....I wonder if they'll lend me that f-type again ;)
2016 XE-S 340

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Well, bizarrely the locking has, out if the blue, now started working perfectly again on the drivers side.

It might be another of those "intermittent" faults. Great. There was me thinking "Well at least this one is a clear, indisputable, 'not working ' issue" :roll:

I honestly think this car has a mind of its own. I may have to rename it 'Herbie' :D
2016 XE-S 340

HoratioAlgerIII

Post by HoratioAlgerIII » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:18 pm

I do find the convenience locking to be flaky. It never seems to work on the first attempt, and I'm often to be seen swiping my finger repeatedly across the sensors till it eventually fires. I haven't found a technique that works consistently, though I have found that touching the part of the handle immediately behind the sensor often works quicker than touching the dimple.

It's probably quicker to use the key fob most of the time but, well, you got the tech, you want to use it.
2016 XE-S, Italian Racing Red. Faster'n a speedin' bullet. :o

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”