Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Andy123

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by Andy123 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am

Hi

I rang my local dealer in the UK today (Shirley dealer)

there is waiting list for this update as the dealer does not have it yet, he has put me on the waiting list and said it will be free

tommybavfc

Post by tommybavfc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 pm

hi guys

I'm currently looking at buying a 16 plate XE R Sport which has got touch pro, would I be able to get the CarPlay update on this model?

Rech25

Post by Rech25 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 am

I came today from my dealer. If you want to have a "smartphone pack", these things are required.

Your care must have

A: Incontrol Touch Pro system
B: Update 18C /phase 4/
C: Connect Pro Pack or Incontrol Apps
This is reaseon why some have and some do not have a Smartphone Pack, despite the fact that I have Infotainment Incontrol touch Pro and the latest software.

My car does not have Incontrol Apps or Connect Pro Pack (requires a SIM card). My car will not get the Smartphone Pack. The dealer tested many things, but the system did not show him the chance to activate the Smartphone pack.

If you do not have Incontrol Apps, you will not get Smartphone Pack

mash101_98

Post by mash101_98 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 am

This is all standard as of MY19, is it not?

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 am

mash101_98 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 am
It should be in the Uk.
One of the issues is that other markets have different set ups so things like Incontrol apps might not be available and it can confuse things on here.
Just looking at the main website, the pictures of the pro screen are now showing the new format that we see with the latest 18c software.
Anybody collecting a new one should make sure it actually has the latest software.
Interestingly Apple car play and Android auto aren't mentioned on the main site yet so it's still a grey area which isn't really acceptable.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

bigmick777

Post by bigmick777 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am

mash101_98 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:36 am
Yup - standard on my car (MY19 - although XF).
However, the smartphone integration pack isnt. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer - they've booked it in but no one has confirmed they can actually do it yet!

JagPL

Post by JagPL » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Just got mine back from the dealer last week (Germany)
Software was updated and I have both, Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
just to mention that I had InControl Apps before. it was special option when I configured my car (MY17).
its different on each market, so you need to ask your dealer individually. However if you had InControl Apps before you should have enabled both services with the new update.

PS. I dont really like the look of Android Auto to be honest. it doesnt stretch to the whole screen, its low res and not sharp (quite dim). On the other hand the audio comes though USB , not Bluetooth, so the quality is better.
to listen to Spotify I still prefer InControl App.
XE 200 R-sport, Polaris white, Auto, jet/red interior, InControl Touch Pro Pack 1, etc

jdangster

Post by jdangster » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

You can improve the resolution of AndroidAuto if you change the settings in Developer Mode. It's still not full screen but slightly better. See link below:

https://support.google.com/androidauto/ ... tUI/?hl=en

JaguarSaint

Post by JaguarSaint » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm

JagPL wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:01 pm
Just got mine back from the dealer last week (Germany)
Software was updated and I have both, Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
just to mention that I had InControl Apps before. it was special option when I configured my car (MY17).
its different on each market, so you need to ask your dealer individually. However if you had InControl Apps before you should have enabled both services with the new update.

PS. I dont really like the look of Android Auto to be honest. it doesnt stretch to the whole screen, its low res and not sharp (quite dim). On the other hand the audio comes though USB , not Bluetooth, so the quality is better.
to listen to Spotify I still prefer InControl App.
I just find InControl Apps Spotify so slow and unresponsive, it's impossible to ever find anything on there, unless it's on the front "recently played" list. Certainly barely possible whilst driving.
03/11/2018 ARRIVED!!!
XE - R-SPORT - Petrol - Auto - 200PS - Narvik Black - Black 19" 5031 Wheels - Chrome trim - Privacy Glass

bigmick777

Post by bigmick777 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 pm

bigmick777 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 am
Yup - standard on my car (MY19 - although XF).
However, the smartphone integration pack isnt. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer - they've booked it in but no one has confirmed they can actually do it yet!
My local dealer has just installed the smartphone integration add-on. Took them about 40 mins and free of charge.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”