Jaguar XE Forum banner

Camera System Fault

36K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  Yardbird 
#1 ·
Hmmmm, had this for a couple of days now. Reversing camera not available and not sure if the front ones are working either. I have had this once before a few months ago and it just cleared itself after a restart. However this started yesterday and is still present after several trips.

Anyone else had similar? I can do without another trip to the dealer unless absolutely necessary.

#2 ·
I've had similar, but not quiet the same/ I have the camera failing between camera working but no yellow guidelines when in reverse. Your's could be a physical problem, loose connector or whatever. Mine was software and it took much bleeding on the floor with Jaguar customer service before someone would do anything about it. Three weeks gathering dust at the dealership.

I don't have ACC or 360 deg. cameras, but the AEB camera at the front seemed unaffected.

#4 ·
Has the problem with your camera been resolved though, Julian?

#7 ·
I had a similar problem. It started with a blurry image, like a TV with bad antenna. Found out that this was caused by faulty wiring that runs under the boot shelf, and through the left boot lid arm. Dealer replaced the wiring loom, problem solved. I think the wires get chafed when opening/closing the boot lid.

#8 ·
After an overnight stay in Guy Salmon's clinic, I now have the car back with a replaced camera. The new camera seems to have a wider field of view than the original, as I now see my bumper in shot.

Interesting that the XE Portfolio courtesy car I was loaned had a different looking sat nav that actually managed to show the 3D view, something mine has never quite managed. More creaks and rattles than a Routemaster bus though.

#10 ·
Stephen said:
Has the problem with your camera been resolved though, Julian?
Didn't forget you, they replaced the camera but :
- the trajectory lines are missing
- I wonder if the surround camera error signs should appear - I don't have surround cameras
- occasionally I get the following message :

Car Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car

Attachments

#11 ·
That sounds very much like what I had, albeit with IC Premium. The camera worked without the yellow guidelines, then with the monochrome rear sensors screen, then with consult dealer message but mostly with just the yellow guidlines missing. It was cured by a software reload/update/upgrade. The dealership hadn't got a clue how to deal with it and simply passed it on to JLR and parked the car out on the lot.

If it helps at all, it happened November/December last year, the delaership was Harratts Wakefield, I had to escalate to JLR customer services myself and the case number they gave me was 8000375918.

#12 ·
I just got a call from the dealer, saying that the camera they put is incompatible with the "module" - don't ask me which module :roll: - and causes problems in different parts.
JLR gave a specific camera part number to fit.
I 'll keep in touch, it's only 4 months that they are dealing with this issue :lol: and nobody has been fired

#13 ·
Hi Julian,

Good morning and thank you for the update. Hopefully the issue will be resolved once the dealer fits the correct camera part specified by JLR.

Please keep us posted.

#14 ·
I continue my painful camera journal:
I left the car yesterday to fix the "correct module" with the "correct camera".
They kept the car yesterday and today, only to inform me that they did not manage to fix it :x
Could anyone with ICT pro (and no side cameras) inform if there are the two "no side camera warning icons" when you are in R?
Thanks in advance

#18 ·
The icons at either side indicate that the side sensors won't work because the car is stationary.

#20 ·
julian said:
I don't have side sensors :)
Knowing how JLR can be I'm just wondering if those icons are actually to remind you that you don't have side sensors?
It might sound strange but maybe the camera system on all the ICT pros have these icons whether you have side cameras or not?
Also thinking along the lines of legal responsibility if you damage the car JLR can be in a stronger position to say "you were warned" ?

Simple thing would be for someone with ICTpro who also doesn't have the side cameras to see if they have these icons as well.

#23 ·
I don't have side cameras but I do have side sensors which on work when the car us moving. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

#24 ·
jamesdhill said:
I don't have side cameras but I do have side sensors which on work when the car us moving. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
I suppose you mean the "blind spot monitor", but the indication that is not active is an orange dot on the mirror

#25 ·
julian said:
jamesdhill said:
I suppose you mean the "blind spot monitor", but the indication that is not active is an orange dot on the mirror
I think he is talking about the surround camera system as in having cameras on the sides of the car.
The blind spot monitoring is a different system and the dot is to tell you it's active and working.

#26 ·
PhilB said:
julian said:
jamesdhill said:
I think he is talking about the surround camera system as in having cameras on the sides of the car.
The blind spot monitoring is a different system and the dot is to tell you it's active and working.
But jamesdhill says that he doesn't have the surround cameras

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.