Bluetooth connection dropping

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Rob2005

Bluetooth connection dropping

Post by Rob2005 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:07 am

I've noticed in my xe r sport that when I get in and start the engine the Bluetooth connects fine, however shortly after seems to drop connection before randomly coming back.

It's then fine for the duration of the journey

Any ideas? Using a oneplus 3

moose

Re: Bluetooth connection dropping

Post by moose » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:44 am

Exact same thing happen to me on Friday.

Bluetooth kept dropping all the time, it has been fine for 18 months.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

gmh

Post by gmh » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:52 pm

I have an issue with the Bluetooth on android. Related to the following bug

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/24 ... -pixel-xl/

Just waiting for an update to fix it. Before updating to this version of andoid my phone Bluetooth was fine.
Black XE Portfolio 180 Auto.
Parking pack, power folding mirrors, Jet/Jet interior, cup holder covers with leaper. MY2017

Rob2005

Post by Rob2005 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 am

Interesting stuff. I had a feeling it was the phone not the car.

Hopefully he update arrives soon

gmh

Post by gmh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:03 pm

I've updated to android 7.1.2 and happy to report the Bluetooth connection issue is fixed :D
Black XE Portfolio 180 Auto.
Parking pack, power folding mirrors, Jet/Jet interior, cup holder covers with leaper. MY2017

Robw

Post by Robw » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Sadly, my Sony Xperia XZ hasn't benefited from the latest firmware update (still on 7.1.1). I hope the latest android firmware is the answer for me also. It's becoming highly annoying when the Bluetooth drop outs. Currently I can get through about 3 mins of a Spotify track before the music cuts out and radio kicks in. May have to resort to music sharing from my IPad for now (that works perfectly).

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Yep, I have an Xperia Z5 Compact, also on 7.1.1 and it's a right PITA.

I've found that un-ticking 'Media Audio' in the phone's Bluetooth 'Paired Devices' settings for Jaguar XE helps a bit.
2016 180d Portfolio Auto. Ammonite Grey + Light Oyster. 19" Star 5 Twin-Spokes + lots of toys...
http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2888

fred

Post by fred » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:59 am

moose wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:44 am
Exact same thing happen to me on Friday.

Bluetooth kept dropping all the time, it has been fine for 18 months.

Bob
I have a similar experience..Everything was working fine. Took car in to the dealers for an ad blue top up. I am not sure if they applied any other fix. I don't think they did, however since then the blue tooth seems to be dropping . A few times, the phone didn't connect to the car at all, and i had to re pair the phone twice since then. One time, i couldn't hear my music through the car speakers. the display showed the song was playing, but no sound . Clicking the little speaker icon on the corner made no difference. it fixed it self the next time i started the car. Strange, since i had absolutely no problem, and then all of a sudden bluetooth connection issues started.

schroederskater

Post by schroederskater » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi all,

Well, it can't be just the phone's compatibility. I use an Xperia XZ with version 7.1.1. It worked fine with my XE 180d until I had my car in for inspection. After that the same error as described here occurred permanently. Jaguar told me it's been verified with version 7.1.1 (41.2.A.7.35), but not with 7.1.1 (41.2.A.7.65) which is my version, and it doesn't matter if it worked with it before. That's something you have to be care of when they update the Jaguar software.

I'm pretty desperate because of their service and the current situation. What to do now? Upgrade to 8.0? And then they're gonna tell me, well, the XE is not tested with this version, too... and so on and so on. But when you come to the dealer, first thing they do, they ask you whether you have the latest version of Android installed on you phone... I don't need to continue, do I?

Have a nice weekend
Thomas (Germany)

schroederskater

Post by schroederskater » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:39 pm

@Robw:

Hi,
Did a newer version solve your problem? If so, which?

Thanks
Thomas

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”