Bluetooth connection dropping

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
gmh

Re: Bluetooth connection dropping

Post by gmh » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm

To be fair to Jaguar this is an Android issue. I had the same problem with my Nissan - so not just related to Jag.

I'm using Paranoid Android running Android 7.1.2 and all is now OK.
Black XE Portfolio 180 Auto.
Parking pack, power folding mirrors, Jet/Jet interior, cup holder covers with leaper. MY2017

BlackJagXE

Post by BlackJagXE » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:20 pm

I have a brand new Jaguar XE MY19 and a galaxy S8 and my bluetooth calls are dropping all of the time, very very annoying
Jaguar XE Landmark 180 2.0d Black MY19

clivetay33

Post by clivetay33 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:53 am

I had to revert back to an iPhone as I spoke to the android manufacturer who acknowledged the bug but could not confirm when it would be fixed. Spoke to 3 who agreed to change phone to iPhone at no cost. Since then I have had no dropouts at all.
Jaguar XE S Indus Silver 380 bhp black pack, cold climate pack 1, 18 way power front seats, memory pack with powerfold mirrors, 19 inch black alloy wheels, panoramic electric sun roof, advanced parking assist pack

kgcore

Post by kgcore » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:10 pm

I have had this problem for the last year and a half. This has been a problem with my Pixel 2 from the moment I bought it. I also had problems with my old HTC phone once it upgraded to Android 8.0 (perfect when it was 7.x). Google must have broken the Bluetooth stack at least how it is related to pairing with my Jaguar XE 2017. I researched this extensively including changing AVRCP to different versions etc. I also took it to the dealership and had new software downloaded to my XE. Nothing really helped.

The symptom would be that the phone would initially pair then drop after a minute or so (right after I get on a important call etc.). Then it would generally cycle several times and usually after about 5 or more minutes of this, it would finally establish a stable connection, until i stopped the car and then the whole awful process would repeat. It made it really unusable. I am not a fan of apple so refused to get an iphone (which everyone said worked fine).

I am now happy to say the problem was just fixed. I went into my Pixel 2 to system->Advanced->System update->check for update to get the "MOST CURRENT VERSION". I had to keep doing this as my phone kept installing new updates (I guess they have to be applied in a certain order). You do it until the phone shows "Your system is up to date" and their are no other updates available. It took a while as my phone installed 9.0 and I guess additional security patches. It now is on version 9 Security Patch March 5th, 2019. I am happy to say it now works flawlessly. Pairs perfectly etc. Looks like google finally fixed their bug. I hope this helps the poor people that have been living this nightmare.

billvega

Post by billvega » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 am

Just upgraded to the Samsung S10+. Previously had the S8+ with zero connection problems.

The S10 keeps dropping connection. Does this for about 3 cycles then becomes stable.

Madness :evil:
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

ant_in_wales

Post by ant_in_wales » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:40 am

Just for reference (not boasting) my MY15 gets on great with my new Pixel 3 (Android 9)
I doubt my software is up to date, and I'm in no rush to get it done ....
2015 Prestige 163 Auto, Red with Oyster Interior

Ikeith

Post by Ikeith » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 pm

I have the S9 with pie update is incompatible. Unstable bluetooth connection. Frequent drops making it unusable. The cat has been with Jaguar all week they says it's a Samsung issue, Samsung say it's a Jaguar problem. I've raised a complaint with Jaguar and Samsung but don't have much hope...

jonet

Post by jonet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi,
I have a Samsung S9, updated to pie and it keeps dropping the connection to the car. It is does this in our other car as well, so not a Jaguar problem. I thought I'd solved it by uninstalling SmartThings but still drops connection randomly - but not as often. Wish I could go back Oreo, was very stable then!
MY18 2018 Jaguar XE 180 Diesel Auto R-Sport Santorini Black, Black Pack, 19" Venom Alloys, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack.

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

I took my car in for a service today and I told the service agent about the bluetooth dropping out. He told me they received a memo from JLR that the issue lies with Google and the various phone manufacturers and that the dealers cant do anything.
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

billvega

Post by billvega » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:27 am

I'm sure Android/Samsung will update Pie with a fix soon.
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”