Bluetooth connection dropping

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
AndyS

Re: Bluetooth connection dropping

Post by AndyS » Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

Mine didn't work but then I had a 5 hour drive yesterday and it worked perfectly the whole time.... no updates and I have the standard ICT

Now I've said this I've probably jinxed it
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

billvega

Post by billvega » Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 am

AndyS wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am
Mine didn't work but then I had a 5 hour drive yesterday and it worked perfectly the whole time.... no updates and I have the standard ICT

Yes, but you probsbly used it after a short while in the car? It's the first 5 minutes or so where it cycles the connection a few times and then becomes stable. That's how mine is anyway.
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Thu May 02, 2019 9:21 am

billvega wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 am
AndyS wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

Yes, but you probsbly used it after a short while in the car? It's the first 5 minutes or so where it cycles the connection a few times and then becomes stable. That's how mine is anyway.

Nope, straightaway before I even turned the engine on I connected to my music app on my phone and it was fine the entire time, no drop outs at all.
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:33 am

Yes, on the same day i've driven from A to B; B to A and then A-C without an issue, but then drop outs from C-A. No apparent rhyme or reason. I've tried switching wi-fi hotspot off, turning some phone notifications off, putting Apps to sleep. Are Jaguar still offering ICT on new models, because if not, I doubt there will be any updates?
Portfolio 240PS: Bluefire, Gloss black side vents and exhaust tips, Sienna Tan, 18" Star 5 spoke wheels, Surround Cameras plus bits and bobs. Now P/Xd for F-Pace

lolord

Post by lolord » Sun May 05, 2019 11:18 am

Hi,
I have got a response from Samsung support:

Screenshot_20190505-120911_Samsung Members.jpg

To be continued...
ImageXE 20d 180 R-Sport BVA8 BlueFireImage
10Way Seats+4way Lumbar+Heated front seats|Advantage pack|Navigation|Privacy Glass|Air quality sensing|Auto dimming rear view mirror

billvega

Post by billvega » Sun May 05, 2019 1:28 pm

lolord wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:18 am
Hi,

To be continued...
Useless response :!:

It's a Jag issue anyway, bluetooth works fine with other devices.
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

majouz

Post by majouz » Tue May 14, 2019 2:48 am

I can confirm that this issue does not affect the ICT Pro. I just updated my Samsung s8 to Android Pie, and the Bluetooth connection works great with my XE.
2018 Caesium Blue XE-S

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 am

billvega wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:28 pm
lolord wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:18 am
Hi,

To be continued...
Useless response :!:

It's a Jag issue anyway, bluetooth works fine with other devices.
Its not, its an issue by where the latest phone software has introduced a driver which is not backward compatible with the earlier bluetooth standard (which it is supposed to be)........
Drives - Velar HSE 240D and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T - Cold Climate Pack - Adaptive Headlights - Power Boot - Memory seat pack - Folding and dimming door mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Spare Wheel

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am

Bluefire65 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:33 am
Yes, on the same day i've driven from A to B; B to A and then A-C without an issue, but then drop outs from C-A. No apparent rhyme or reason. I've tried switching wi-fi hotspot off, turning some phone notifications off, putting Apps to sleep. Are Jaguar still offering ICT on new models, because if not, I doubt there will be any updates?
Disco Sport is the only model with Touch at the moment
Drives - Velar HSE 240D and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T - Cold Climate Pack - Adaptive Headlights - Power Boot - Memory seat pack - Folding and dimming door mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Spare Wheel

BLZeebub

Post by BLZeebub » Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 am

Samsung in particular seem to be suffering the most and it's mostly with version 9.

I had 6 months of fault free usage with my Galaxy Note 8 on version 8 of Android but the problems started as soon as i 'upgraded' to version 9. I believe there was a link on here that Samsung had admitted there was a problem and they were looking into it as it is a worldwide issue and not just JLR. They are apparently working on it...

The PITA is that is is such a random occurrence that it's seems impossible to nail down the cause. I can go days with little problems then i'll leave the same location at about the same time on another day and the ruddy things drops constantly. You don't even need to have anything active as i sat in the drive watching the status screen keep cycling the bluetooth connection and i wasn't on a call or using music etc. I'm assuming a fault in the connection triggers the drop and then the automatic re-connection and this goes on until it stable.

Damn annoying!
MY17 All Black R-Sport 180D AWD with some gadgets. B-)

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”