Jaguar XE Forum banner

Shell payment app

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  S_A 
#1 ·
I have the in control apps on my phone - Spotify etc. But the Shell payment app isn't on the list. Lots of publicity on the internet about the app being available, but I can't work out how to get the Shell payment app. Grateful for any pointers.

#2 ·
I have it working on my Pro, although at first the Shell app changed all their rules and agreements and I had to create a new account and link my existing card to it.

It does work well, remember to download it, register account and a method of payment, put it in the incontrol apps list, agree for it to open on your phone and you're all good. You could try deleting the app and re-installing it.

#7 ·
What phone are you using? I have an iPod touch (iOS) and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Android), which both have Jaguar InControl Apps and the Shell app installed.

On the iPod touch the Shell app appears on the App screen, on the Android it's not present. I'm afraid I don't recall if it ever was there - I bought the iPod due to the better availability of apps on iOS. The press releases (and reports based on them) all mention "Android Pay will be added later in 2017", but none actually say which devices were supported at launch. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jaguar+shell+app

On iOS the Shell app needs to be used from the iPhone / iPod on first use due to all the wizard / t&cs screens, but once you've used it once it's worked fine for me through the car.

Thanks for the prompt though - it looks like they finally launched Spotify support on InControl Apps for Android, it was previously only available for iOS.

#11 ·
No sign of the shell app on my android phone. The incontrol app updated yesterday but still no shell app.

Regards John

#12 ·
I can't find the app either under vehicle apps there is only 13 listed and shell payment one is not there.