Jaguar XE Forum banner

Jaguar remote - almost useful

19K views 63 replies 20 participants last post by  PhilB 
#1 ·
When I first got the car I had a play with this and thought, that will be useful when it gets cold. Sadly on the 2 days this week so far when I would have liked to fire up the car remotely it has come up with a slow network error and refused to start the car. I've had to nip outside to start it manually.

It is currently showing as last contacted 30th October at 23:20.

Is this a general issues or am I just in a rubbish network access area? What would happen if I had a prang or wanted to contact Jaguar Assist?

G
#52 ·
jaguarnewbe said:
I have just done the regeneration, but still will not start via remote, HOWEVER, there is a small battery in the engine compartment, I googled this and there is some suggestion that it is this battery that starts the car, sounds a bit daft to me, any thoughts on this would be most welcome.
I suggest that you now give the car a run of around 10 miles and see if that sorts it out. Then if not seek advice from the dealer and let them have a look at it. Here are a couple of things JLR can check JTB00446 Battery check, JTB00492v2 S/S and SSM72349 Battery Management System. Check also that connections are tight and the engine earth is not damaged.

#53 ·
Vespa said:
jaguarnewbe said:
I have just done the regeneration, but still will not start via remote, HOWEVER, there is a small battery in the engine compartment, I googled this and there is some suggestion that it is this battery that starts the car, sounds a bit daft to me, any thoughts on this would be most welcome.
I suggest that you now give the car a run of around 10 miles and see if that sorts it out. Then if not seek advice from the dealer and let them have a look at it. Here are a couple of things JLR can check JTB00446 Battery check, JTB00492v2 S/S and SSM72349 Battery Management System. Check also that connections are tight and the engine earth is not damaged.
Thanks for that, I will give it a run out tomorrow, funny you should mention the Battery leads, I checked them last week and the negative clamp was so loose that I was able to rotate the clamp, tightened it up before I did the charging.

#54 ·
Use my car daily and several times a week on 60+ mile motorway journey so battery should have plenty of charge. Car was frosted yesterday so thought I'd try the app again. Simply would not start - showed window as open even though it wasnt - very disappointing.

It had its first service a week or so ago and had all the outstanding campaigns. I cant rule the battery out as the stop / start hasnt worked for 12 months! I am not bothered about this so didnt ask the dealer to check / fix but coming into winter the remote climate would be useful.

G
#56 ·
bigmick777 said:
Use my car daily and several times a week on 60+ mile motorway journey so battery should have plenty of charge. Car was frosted yesterday so thought I'd try the app again. Simply would not start - showed window as open even though it wasnt - very disappointing.

It had its first service a week or so ago and had all the outstanding campaigns. I cant rule the battery out as the stop / start hasnt worked for 12 months! I am not bothered about this so didnt ask the dealer to check / fix but coming into winter the remote climate would be useful.
If you want it to work you have two options, Make the dealer sort it out with a full battery check and regen charge up or buy a Ctek charger and charge it with AGM and Regen as the programmed charge up. That will sort it out.

#57 ·
ColinR said:
For some reason my remote start has started working perfectly. Every day this week :D

I'm a happy bunny as I can enjoy my tea and toast in the warm while the car does its thing outside.
Me too! My last 7 attempts have all worked. Heated front and rear screens working too so I get into a warm and thoroughly defrosted car in the early hours. It's great!!

When it works of course.....

#59 ·
I have a E-Pace, sorry I know this may not be the right forum.

I had trouble with the remote start. I kept getting a window open error, when the windows were definitely were shut. I use an android phone by the way.

I spoke with a Jaguar engineer and he suggested resetting all the windows. From memory that is open them, shut them and continue to hold the switch up for a further two seconds then release. I did that for all windows and now everything works fine.

I hope that helps some folks.

Steve

G
#60 ·
stevea7uk said:

I had trouble with the remote start. I kept getting a window open error, when the windows were definitely were shut. I use an android phone by the way.

I spoke with a Jaguar engineer and he suggested resetting all the windows. From memory that is open them, shut them and continue to hold the switch up for a further two seconds then release. I did that for all windows and now everything works fine.

Steve
Useful tip there ;)

#61 ·
stevea7uk said:

Steve
This worked for me, thank you very much! I was getting frustrated that this wasn't working, especially coming up to the colder months!

#64 ·
mrdhatch said:
Jaguar Remote was working well for 1 year and now I cannot get it to work at all when it comes to remote start. Any ideas on things I can try?
There is a procedure to re-pair the car with the Jaguar servers here in the UK if it starts to get flaky but I'm mindful of potential differences with the US system.
Are your journeys being recorded on the app pretty quickly or are they lagging behind as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.