Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
jaguarnewbe

Re: Jaguar remote - almost useful

Post by jaguarnewbe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

CaptainNoddy wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 pm
jaguarnewbe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm
I have just done the regeneration, but still will not start via remote, HOWEVER, there is a small battery in the engine compartment, I googled this and there is some suggestion that it is this battery that starts the car, sounds a bit daft to me, any thoughts on this would be most welcome.
Oh that's interesting! Where is the engine compartment battery located?
Sorry me being a daft bugger, what looks like a battery on the left side of the compartment is in fact a relay box which looks like it should house a battery. Weird that when I did the Google search, a blog I looked at mentioned this "battery" in the engine compartment as being used to start the car, clearly dafter than me.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 pm

jaguarnewbe wrote:
I have just done the regeneration, but still will not start via remote, HOWEVER, there is a small battery in the engine compartment, I googled this and there is some suggestion that it is this battery that starts the car, sounds a bit daft to me, any thoughts on this would be most welcome.
I suggest that you now give the car a run of around 10 miles and see if that sorts it out. Then if not seek advice from the dealer and let them have a look at it. Here are a couple of things JLR can check JTB00446 Battery check, JTB00492v2 S/S and SSM72349 Battery Management System. Check also that connections are tight and the engine earth is not damaged.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

jaguarnewbe

Post by jaguarnewbe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Vespa wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 pm
jaguarnewbe wrote:
I suggest that you now give the car a run of around 10 miles and see if that sorts it out. Then if not seek advice from the dealer and let them have a look at it. Here are a couple of things JLR can check JTB00446 Battery check, JTB00492v2 S/S and SSM72349 Battery Management System. Check also that connections are tight and the engine earth is not damaged.
Thanks for that, I will give it a run out tomorrow, funny you should mention the Battery leads, I checked them last week and the negative clamp was so loose that I was able to rotate the clamp, tightened it up before I did the charging.

bigmick777

Post by bigmick777 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 am

Use my car daily and several times a week on 60+ mile motorway journey so battery should have plenty of charge. Car was frosted yesterday so thought I'd try the app again. Simply would not start - showed window as open even though it wasnt - very disappointing.

It had its first service a week or so ago and had all the outstanding campaigns. I cant rule the battery out as the stop / start hasnt worked for 12 months! I am not bothered about this so didnt ask the dealer to check / fix but coming into winter the remote climate would be useful.

ColinR

Post by ColinR » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 am

For some reason my remote start has started working perfectly. Every day this week :D

I'm a happy bunny as I can enjoy my tea and toast in the warm while the car does its thing outside.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:15 am

bigmick777 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 am
Use my car daily and several times a week on 60+ mile motorway journey so battery should have plenty of charge. Car was frosted yesterday so thought I'd try the app again. Simply would not start - showed window as open even though it wasnt - very disappointing.

It had its first service a week or so ago and had all the outstanding campaigns. I cant rule the battery out as the stop / start hasnt worked for 12 months! I am not bothered about this so didnt ask the dealer to check / fix but coming into winter the remote climate would be useful.
If you want it to work you have two options, Make the dealer sort it out with a full battery check and regen charge up or buy a Ctek charger and charge it with AGM and Regen as the programmed charge up. That will sort it out.

CaptainNoddy

Post by CaptainNoddy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:44 pm

ColinR wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 am
For some reason my remote start has started working perfectly. Every day this week :D

I'm a happy bunny as I can enjoy my tea and toast in the warm while the car does its thing outside.
Me too! My last 7 attempts have all worked. Heated front and rear screens working too so I get into a warm and thoroughly defrosted car in the early hours. It’s great!!

When it works of course.....
MY16 XE 2.0 D AUTO 163PS, Ammonite Grey, Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, 10 way Seats, Xenon headlights

ColinR

Post by ColinR » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Being picky it would be nice to have the seat and steering wheel warmed up as well but I suppose that's being too much of a wuss!

stevea7uk

Post by stevea7uk » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 am

I have a E-Pace, sorry I know this may not be the right forum.

I had trouble with the remote start. I kept getting a window open error, when the windows were definitely were shut. I use an android phone by the way.

I spoke with a Jaguar engineer and he suggested resetting all the windows. From memory that is open them, shut them and continue to hold the switch up for a further two seconds then release. I did that for all windows and now everything works fine.

I hope that helps some folks.

Steve

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm

stevea7uk wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:29 am
I have a E-Pace, sorry I know this may not be the right forum.

I had trouble with the remote start. I kept getting a window open error, when the windows were definitely were shut. I use an android phone by the way.

I spoke with a Jaguar engineer and he suggested resetting all the windows. From memory that is open them, shut them and continue to hold the switch up for a further two seconds then release. I did that for all windows and now everything works fine.

I hope that helps some folks.

Steve
Useful tip there ;)

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”