Jaguar Remote App not working.

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
wecpcs

Re: Jaguar Remote App not working.

Post by wecpcs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

PhilB wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 am
Just had an update come down the pipe for the Android version.
Now showing as version : R1.68
Not a big one, I think it was about 6mb.
Only changes that I can see so far is the home screen has changed with the map being bigger and an arrow next to "Locked and alarmed" which then goes to a "security" page which gives useful info like the the doors are closed.
I didn't have this before so it's an exciting new thing for me!
:roll:
Still says the car is in sleep mode despite just getting it out of the garage though.
:lol:
I have never had the arrow alongside the Locked and Alarmed until today, although you could always previously just select Locked and Alarmed which took you to the security screen. Since this update mine is now saying Vehicle Not locked and when I go int to it, it states Alarm not set. I tried Remote Start and it worked started the car perfectly despite it saying it had trouble connecting to the vehicle and it did not say the car was running. I had to to go out and turn the engine off and make sure the car was locked and alarmed. The journeys are also screwed up as my last return journey was there but not the previous outward journey on the same day.

It seems they have totally screwed it up yet again.
XE Prestige 2.0 Ingenium Auto, Fuji White, Light Oyster Grained Leather Seats & Trim, Adv. Parking Assist, Auto Dimming Power Fold mirrors with Approach Light & Space saver spare wheel.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:51 pm

I am glad it is not just me then. I do hope JLR CC look at these posts.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Milfordman

Post by Milfordman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Mine has and still does with the update show the wrong status when you first log in. Anything from car unlocked, unarmed, door open or window open. Once it connects to the car it then shows the correct status. Why the software engineers can't program it to say "Status unknown" until it connects is beyond me. Used to freak me out when I first had the car. I thought on a couple of times I hadn't locked it or it had been broken into.
Jaguar need some decent software engineers.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.

mpercib

Post by mpercib » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm

My Jaguar Remote no longer works - it reports "Remote Unexpectedly Quit" and boots it back out to the iPhone screen. It was a nice feature when it worked.
Jaguar XE, MY 2017, 3.5t, R-Sport, IRR, Jet/ Red, 20" Propellers w/ red calipers, Al paddle shifters, splash guards, sport pedal covers, dead pedal foot rest, tinted glass, interior trim upgrade, re-badged to R Sport.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Is there a link to S/S and Remote I wonder? Can you charge your battery and if so use a recondition mode? It may make things kick back in.

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm

mpercib wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm
My Jaguar Remote no longer works - it reports "Remote Unexpectedly Quit" and boots it back out to the iPhone screen. It was a nice feature when it worked.
Same here for the last few days. If I uninstall the app it will work again when I put it back on, but only once. Having to reinstall it every time I want to use the remote start :(

Nortilus

Post by Nortilus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi - new here.
I logged this with Jaguar yesterday - the app has since been updated.
If it still doesn’t work, try deleting the app and reinstalling - this worked for me on iOS.

I do still have an issue with remotely starting the car - this is being investigated as it might be my vehicle and not the app.

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 pm

I have not changed phone for 3 years and am still running Android 6.12.401.4. Apart from the odd occasion when there has been a short delay in contacting the car, I've not had any significant issues with Jaguar Remote, albeit I only use it now and again. The latest App update downloaded a couple of days ago and I've just connected with car in the middle of nowhere. I can only guess that phone software updates are the root cause of most issues.
Portfolio 240PS: Bluefire, Gloss black side vents and exhaust tips, Sienna Tan, 18" Star 5 spoke wheels, Surround Cameras plus bits and bobs. Now P/Xd for F-Pace

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Well I have been on the case in my car/phone combo for the past 2 hours and even took it out for a run. Apparently it is still on the A6 according to Gogggggle but on Goggggle in the start up page of the app I am no longer in Africa and am actually exactly where the car is on my driveway. This has taken 3 uninstalls and installs to get it back to normal. It is also telling me, correctly, that it is unlocked. I am at present giving it the weekly winter charge up with the CTek charger. Tomorrow I am up and out early to shop and take my wife to a hospital visit so I hope the remote is working then as it is forecast to be frosty on the A6 and where I live. :D

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 pm

latest update 1.70.1 (95) has fixed crashing, but guess what, the units mismatch is back, you just cannot make it up, I am pretty sure if you gave some school kids this App to look after, they would do a far better job
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”