New 17C update now live.

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Cjwye

Re: New 17C update now live.

Post by Cjwye » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Service manager has sent me an email to say that battery drain is not due to software and that he thinks the battery was not fully charged on delivery.
He says he is reluctant to implement the latest SW update as he thinks it unstable.
Can anyone that has had the latest SW installed confirm this?
I find it strange that it would not be withdrawn across the board if this is the case.

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm

No issues from mine since it’s been installed. Now working as it should and much quicker on cold start up too. Haven’t had a single blank screen either on startup.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

XET

Post by XET » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Sorry to say that I had the software update and now have the same issues I had before with several significant news ones!

I now have no voice control at all ! (pressing the button on the steering wheel does nothing).
I now have no sat-nav voice at all ! (Sat-nav works but the nice lady is giving me the cold shoulder).
The rear camera button still doesn't do anything if I'm in D or S (the camera only comes on when in R, so whats the point of having a button!)
I still cant reliably connect my Iphone to use ICTapps.

It's been 2 years since I purchased this car and it STILL doesn't work!
Jaguar XE 25T R-Sport, BlueFire, Adaptive Dynamics, ICTpro, 14-way seats, Adaptive headlights...

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:53 pm

The camera I find works when stationary or under 10mph, after that its unable to be viewed.

You made sure the sat nav voice is on U.K. and not any other language as that can make the sat nav voice go mute.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

XET

Post by XET » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 am

I checked the language settings this morning. They're set to English (UK).
I believe that they must have missed something in the update as I dont have any voice commands (using the steering wheel button) or any voice feedback from the sat-nav.

Regarding the rear camera, it used to give me a message when driving forward that the camera was not available. Now it does nothing at all.

Can you confirm that when you are in D or S you can use the camera (when stationary or moving forward)?

Thanks
Jaguar XE 25T R-Sport, BlueFire, Adaptive Dynamics, ICTpro, 14-way seats, Adaptive headlights...

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 am

XET wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 am
Regarding the rear camera, it used to give me a message when driving forward that the camera was not available. Now it does nothing at all.
Can you confirm that when you are in D or S you can use the camera (when stationary or moving forward)?
Mine hasn't had this latest update and on both this one and the previous I've never had the "camera unavailable" message when driving forward so maybe it's now behaving properly on yours.
The only time the rear camera should come on is if the car is in reverse.
Drive forwards and it goes off.
Pressing the button activates the front sensors if you haven't just been in reverse.
On the first Xe's you could activate the rear cam at normal speeds which was fun but I think they have stopped that now.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:37 pm

That’s the ICT that you press the button at normal speed and still can too when I had a 67 plate prestige loan car it still worked.

I can go to the camera option on page 2 of main menu on the Pro and view the rear cam stationary whenever I press it in S, D or P and it’ll stay there till I hit 10mph going forward then go off.

Also works as it should in reverse too.

XET

Post by XET » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 pm

It would be OK if they stopped us from using the rear camera for saftey reasons whilst driving forward, however the system should give you a message similar to that when using the internet or video when driving. For it to simply not respond cant be right.

Also - having the camera on when using a tow-bar cycle carrier or towing is very helpful as you can check the integrity of the bikes/hitch without stopping (not an issue for XES owners I realize :mrgreen: ) .

The loan XE I was given was fitted with the standard ICT system. This allowed you to use the camera at any time. Why would the "posh" system prevent you?

I have to say, if there is a button it should do something. If the camera should only work when in reverse then remove the button!
I do like the idea that when in traffic I can read the number plate of the car who's just pulled up within an inch of my arse without having to put the car into reverse.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm

XET wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Also - having the camera on when using a tow-bar cycle carrier or towing is very helpful as you can check the integrity of the bikes/hitch without stopping (not an issue for XES owners I realize :mrgreen: ) .
Yes, I can see that it could be useful for a quick shifty to the rear sometimes.
As regards towing, I think the reason the S can't have a tow hitch fitted is perhaps the designers realised you would never use a thoroughbred horse to pull a cart.
:lol:
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Just had my 1st service and had a lead for the CD player changed to stop the CD freezing issue but there was no software update applied.

Before I left the garage I tried all the infotainment systems and lo and behold I still can't play anything that has been copied to the hard drive.

The master technician came out to have a look and was very apologetic that this issue hadn't been resolved.

They are now going to have the car back for 2 days in April to investigate further and apply the software update.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”