Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Ian d

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by Ian d » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Harry405 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:23 pm
Good morning. Does anybody know if Apple Carplay is available for the incontrol touch system? Or is it only for the pro?
It’s just for the Pro only I’m afraid.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

Gok

CarPlay update on ICT Pro!

Post by Gok » Wed May 15, 2019 11:17 pm

So, I gave the car in for a software update as it kept crashing when on Bluetooth and became non responsive etc. and I got the car back today after a ‘phase 4’ update which has full Apple CarPlay and app integrations - Tidal, Google maps, iMessage, the works! Totally chuffed :mrgreen:

CE265A13-ACC6-4F51-9EE4-E53D52131E71.jpeg

5FB3D5D8-6659-4453-B51C-02FEE6C42893.jpeg

R-Sport 2.0d 180 Auto | Ultimate black | 19" black venoms | Incontrol Touch Pro | Cold climate pack | Parking pack | Privacy glass | 40/20/40

bhavicp

Post by bhavicp » Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 am

My MY19 didn't come with it included, so I might have to make up some issues with the the ICT and hope they update it :lol:
MY19 250PS R-Sport in White

canajag

Post by canajag » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 pm

Has anyone else noticed a static crackle / pop sound when listening to a podcast using Android Auto? I use Podcast Republic to listen to a podcast in the car via Android Auto, and the sound happens about once a minute or so (it's not periodic). I checked today by playing the same podcast via bluetooth audio without Android Auto, and the crackle was gone.

TheThane

Post by TheThane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Hello today i just got car back from maintenance with 19A update (after my dealer brick the system and receiving direct assistance from jaguar!! :lol: :twisted:

). I have jaguar xe 2016 with pro touch.

But... not apple carplay :cry: :cry:

I have only two usb without hdmi and sim.

Jaguar said my car can't have it, is it true?

Is it impossible to upgrade to the hdmi to get it?

mdem

Post by mdem » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:23 am

According to this, yes. What JLR have told you is correct.

https://www.ovalnews.com/tag/carplay

I have set up type B fortunately.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

eski

Post by eski » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 am

I have done some research about the hardware of the ICTP. I could be very very wrong. Problem is that I want ACP but I do not have HDMI/SIM slot.

What I have understood is that ICTPs IMC (computer in trunk) is almost same with all configurations. If you have TV it then is bit different. All IMCs have same TCU (telematics) etc ports and hardware. ACP works only with USB connection and USB connection is identical to all three media interface configurations. If you have HDMI and/or SIM slot then you have extra APIX2 connection to IMC.

TCU provides the Pro Services, Connect Pro and WiFI accesspoint. If you want ICTP to use wifi to connect internet you can select GSM or WiFi hotstop. For that wifi hotspot to work it uses internal wifi card (which provides the bluetooth) and antennas are behind the screen. As my car is still under warranty and I do not have Pathfinder I have not yet opened panels to check which hardware is there and which is not. I know TCU is not there, but the IMC wifi connection should be but I will check some day. I think for hardware and software wise one could enable use of the internal wifi card to access home and/or phone hotspot and have ICTP to connect Internet and even have SOTA.

As for to have ACP you need to have InControl Apps, but I have not found any special hardware to provide this function. It is not first time that something is just disabled and customer support says it cannot be done, but computers and software do what they are told and if someone at JLR made decision that you must have this from factory then it is configured like that. But it won't say it is impossible. If just one could access IMC directly and change its configuration or if all IMC configuration parameters comes from CCF then it could be easier (maybe).

Sorry for a bit hijacking the thread.
MY18 25t RWD R-Sport, Firenze Red, ICTP, allmost all the fun stuff.

TheThane

Post by TheThane » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:50 am

mdem wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:23 am
According to this, yes. What JLR have told you is correct.

https://www.ovalnews.com/tag/carplay

I have set up type B fortunately.
Ok :cry:

It's a real waste to have such a beautiful screen and not be able to use the Carplay.

Are there any external kit for the jaguar xe?

Searching quickly I found this (http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=529&cat=0&page=1), but it costs a lot and I don't know if the result is worth it ..

fred

Post by fred » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 am

iOS 13 which is releasing this week allows CarPlay to be shown on digital dashboards and HUDs. I guess the new versions of the infotainment will get this at some point. Hopefully this gets enough attention for them to include it on earlier versions too like older Touch Pros.
Getting the full scale map on the digital display and directions on the HUD are some of the only benefits of using the built in sat nav

eski

Post by eski » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:06 am

I have done little research to add HDMI to car which only has two USB slots. For parts you need new media interface and cable from media interface to media unit.

Media interface: C2D42799
Cable: T4N20692

I bet you need to have CCF change and as my car is MY18 and I have not yet seen someone to make CCF change to MY18 and newer cars. Cheap chinese modules tell that they can do CCF change, but I do not want to take chance and brick my car.
MY18 25t RWD R-Sport, Firenze Red, ICTP, allmost all the fun stuff.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”