It’s back to the dealer, unfortunately

KhabibSmesh

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by KhabibSmesh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:18 pm

martind511 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:46 pm
KhabibSmesh wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:59 pm
Martin would you mind sharing a picture of your car? I think I am going to order the same color and Landmark edition but would like to see the alloys. Appreciate it if you can!
Sure - take a look here - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6873

I took some more photos last weekend when I waxed the car in readiness for going to the Jaguar Breakfast Club meet so will add these to the above link a bit later.
Thanks! The alloys look great, certainly not worth paying over £1k more for an upgrade. Is that the meshed aluminium veneer? Also do you wish you specced any options in hindsight?

Sorry for derailing the thread folks!

Pritxz

Post by Pritxz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Saw this thread and decided to get in touch to get mine updated too only brought 3 weeks ago, but boy has it been a nightmare to get the dealership to say they can update kept saying our franchise hasn't been given the software, then managed to speak to the technician who said they can do it takes about 2 hours but is a £90 charge? Anyone else had this problem? I would think it would be done as a gesture of goodwill with the car being so new? 🤔

martind511

Post by martind511 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 pm

KhabibSmesh wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:18 pm
martind511 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:46 pm
KhabibSmesh wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:59 pm
Martin would you mind sharing a picture of your car? I think I am going to order the same color and Landmark edition but would like to see the alloys. Appreciate it if you can!
Sure - take a look here - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6873

I took some more photos last weekend when I waxed the car in readiness for going to the Jaguar Breakfast Club meet so will add these to the above link a bit later.
Thanks! The alloys look great, certainly not worth paying over £1k more for an upgrade. Is that the meshed aluminium veneer? Also do you wish you specced any options in hindsight?

Sorry for derailing the thread folks!
pictures updated on above thread to show wheels better.

The differences between MY2019 R-Sport and Landmark are (I may have missed something):

Different wheels - only available on this model
XES Front bumper - only available on this and the 300 Sport
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Meridian Sound System
Parking pack (front parking sensors and rear view camera)
Meshed aluminum trim finisher
Metallic Paint (choice of three colours)

The car was a showroom model so I had to compromise slightly - I would have specced the light oyster headlining but the sunroof makes it less dingy. I wish the car had the cold climate pack with the heated steering wheel and heated front windscreen - other than that its great and think it looks better than the XF.
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)

martind511

Post by martind511 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 pm

martind511 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:42 am
avinaash wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:56 pm
martind511 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Are you getting any prompts on screen when connecting your device?
nope, not for either android auto or incontrol apps
I will borrow an android device from a colleague and see what happens when I plug into my system.
Ok so I borrowed a brand new Samsung Galaxy A8 and plugged it into the Incontrol Pro system and the device immediately prompted me to install the android auto app amongst other apps:

IMG_1990.jpeg

Once installed the car display shows a wizard where you need to tap 'next', 'next' etc:

IMG_1992.jpeg

Once complete, you can unplug the android device and re-connect - InControl should now give you the option of connecting to Incontrol touch apps or Android Auto:

IMG_1996.jpeg

Silly question but have you rebooted your Pixel device before attempting the connection again? Have you installed the Android Auto App?
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)

avinaash

Post by avinaash » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 pm

martind511 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 pm
martind511 wrote:
avinaash wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:56 pm

nope, not for either android auto or incontrol apps
I will borrow an android device from a colleague and see what happens when I plug into my system.
Ok so I borrowed a brand new Samsung Galaxy A8 and plugged it into the Incontrol Pro system and the device immediately prompted me to install the android auto app amongst other apps:

IMG_1990.jpeg

Once installed the car display shows a wizard where you need to tap 'next', 'next' etc:

IMG_1992.jpeg

Once complete, you can unplug the android device and re-connect - InControl should now give you the option of connecting to Incontrol touch apps or Android Auto:

IMG_1996.jpeg

Silly question but have you rebooted your Pixel device before attempting the connection again? Have you installed the Android Auto App?
i dont even get the incontrol pop up - says no compatible device found. my phone says its charging though. might be to do with new android pie maybe.
i spoke to the dealer too and apparently its hit and miss with the update getting smartphone pack or not. might be released for more models in the coming months
Avi

2018 XE S Santorini Black AWD - Canada

Pritxz

Post by Pritxz » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:46 pm

avinaash wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 pm
martind511 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 pm
martind511 wrote:

IMG_1990.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1996.jpeg

i dont even get the incontrol pop up - says no compatible device found. my phone says its charging though. might be to do with new android pie maybe.
i spoke to the dealer too and apparently its hit and miss with the update getting smartphone pack or not. might be released for more models in the coming months
I had a similar issue connecting to in control apps and turned out to be the cable I was using, have you tried using a different USB cable? Some cables only charge and others transfer data as well as power try using a higher quality cable and see if it works?

avinaash

Post by avinaash » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:05 am

interesting - i'll try another cable. ive been using the one that came with the phone from google, but i have issues with the USB ports, sometimes it doesnt charge. usually just switching the port works, but both ports have the same issue occasionally
Avi

2018 XE S Santorini Black AWD - Canada

akaazz

Post by akaazz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Just ordered one of these
Now we have CarPlay, looks pretty cool and easier to use

Makes it all seem more integrated as an original element of the car too
https://www.joli.design/
XE 2.0d [180] R Sport Auto|Ammonite Grey|19" 5031 Diamond Alloys |8 Way Seats| Parking Pack|Cold Climate Pack|Meridian Sound System | 2017

Nnk

Post by Nnk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Looks good!
(I just hope that dock is wired to “sync”, not only to charge :? )

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”