Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by PhilB » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Thorn wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:57 pm
My dealer tells me that 18c will only be installed if there is a problem with the Pro.
I don't think I have read about anybody that doesn't have at least some issue with the pro ........................wink wink.

:D
morini wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:10 pm
That's really quite disappointing. My car came from the factory with 18C and I know I would make good use of android auto. I don't think I'm willing to pay £300 for it when budget brands come with Android auto / car play as standard. My brother in law has a seat ateca and that has it as standard. I think it's a bit cheeky if JLR to charge extra.
Don't the new ones now come with 18c AND Car play etc from the factory?
Seems a bit daft it having the latest software and not having it.
I know some have had a freebie for installing the smartphone pack but you could argue that should have been fitted at the factory maybe?
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

colonie

Post by colonie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Thorn wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:57 pm
My dealer tells me that 18c will only be installed if there is a problem with the Pro.
Well I bet your ICTP crashes every couple of days right? Right? ;) :lol:

JaguarSaint

Post by JaguarSaint » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:58 pm

morini wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:10 pm
PhilB wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:30 am

I'm afraid it's a dealer job to update the software to the most recent "18C" version.
Then Carplay/Android auto can be enabled with the smartphone pack which as you can see may well be at cost.
That's really quite disappointing. My car came from the factory with 18C and I know I would make good use of android auto. I don't think I'm willing to pay £300 for it when budget brands come with Android auto / car play as standard. My brother in law has a seat ateca and that has it as standard. I think it's a bit cheeky if JLR to charge extra.
Yup - said the same to the dealer this morning, I have the software, someone just needs to click a button to enable the smartphone pack. Just feels like they're hanging on to the point where it is a must have and have to offer it for free.
03/11/2018 ARRIVED!!!
XE - R-SPORT - Petrol - Auto - 200PS - Narvik Black - Black 19" 5031 Wheels - Chrome trim - Privacy Glass

Pritxz

Post by Pritxz » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:18 pm

The whole "smartphone pack" is nonsense I had to go through so many hoops but in the end the maximum charge that I was being told was £90 for the labour it's approximately a 20 mins update guys but depends on your slot/bookings I left the car with them for half a day

In the end they put it under "retailer empowerment" and I didn't have to pay a thing but I had to get jaguar UK involved, however if your car is less than 3 months old it's definitely should have come with the update if not take it back for them to do it as its then missold to you as it should come as standard I'm told from now onwards

Dealer said they still updating the new cars before selling as some from factory still don't come with the 18c

Hope this helps! 👌🏽

akaazz

Post by akaazz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:26 am

What does the smartphone pack even add that they’re charging for?
Because both my 17 XE and my Dads 16 F Pace went in for other issues, and cane out with a heap of software updates at the same time - one being car play, without the dealer even knowing the software update was applied

Is the pack a physical thing? Or just the name for the update?
XE 2.0d [180] R Sport Auto|Ammonite Grey|19" 5031 Diamond Alloys |8 Way Seats| Parking Pack|Cold Climate Pack|Meridian Sound System | 2017

BlackJagXE

Post by BlackJagXE » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:44 pm

My XE landmark with the pro is only 2 months old, i am forever having issues with the Bluetooth connectivity, it just cuts off and i cannot make any calls. I have done just over 5000miles and its due for an adblue top us soon so i will get them to update the software with the smartphone pack. hopefully this will resolve the bluetooth issues.
Jaguar XE Landmark 180 2.0d Black MY19

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:52 pm

akaazz wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:26 am
What does the smartphone pack even add that they’re charging for?
Because both my 17 XE and my Dads 16 F Pace went in for other issues, and cane out with a heap of software updates at the same time - one being car play, without the dealer even knowing the software update was applied

Is the pack a physical thing? Or just the name for the update?
It’s software, it’s how it is called on JLR pathfinder diagnostics when connecting it to your car. They apply the 18c, then have to apply smartphone pack after that. Gives you ACP and AA installed afterwards.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

jdangster

Post by jdangster » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 pm

I just got 18C with the Smartphone Pack (installed free in Edmonton, Canada) on my Jaguar XE. However, the system no longer recognizes my phone (OnePlus 5T) for either Android Auto or InControl. It used to at least work with InControl.

My wife's OnePlus 6 works great with it though. Only problem is Android Auto is not full screen, even if you run developer mode and force it into a higher resolution. If you have an Android device, be wary that the smartphone pack may not work with all phones and that you definitely won't get the full screen display.

bigmick777

Post by bigmick777 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Just posting my experience here.
Swapped my XE to a brand new XF (MY19) a few weeks back.
On the handover they kept me waiting as they said they had to put the latest software on. Turns out this was 18C.
I had no idea there needed to be a smartphone pack enabled and then after seeing posts on this and Jaginfo thought bugger!
I've checked and connecting my phone only allows Jaguar Incontrol apps (nigh on useless!).

I've put a call in with my local dealer to ask about the add-on being applied - be interesting to see if they know about it and whether they attempt to charge!

Xephil

Post by Xephil » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 pm

So, does the smartphone pack software upgrade require "In Control Apps"?
Jaguar XE 20d R-Sport

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”