Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
richyw323

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by richyw323 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

Hi all, I just picked up my MY19 XE on Friday. I've noticed that the Jaguar Incontrol Apps app seems to have been taken off the Google Play store, is this because they are starting to roll out Android Auto functionality now? I was planning on using it for Spotify but reading very mixed reviews about the whole Incontrol Apps experience on here so maybe I'm not missing much.

I see that the Android Auto thing seems to depend on what version of software the ICTP system is running, can someone tell me how to check this?
XE 250 R-Sport MY19 - Caesium blue - Ebony/Light Oyster Leather - Diamond Venoms - Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Elec Folding Mirrors, 10 Way Seats.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am

Settings --> All Settings --> Software update
This will tell you the current revision you're on if you're on the latest major version. (AA/ACP are available on this version if enabled by your dealer)

If you don't have this option, then you're on the older major version (with 4 graphical boxes on the home screen rather than 3 textual columns). AA/ACP aren't avaliable on this version.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

spritely

Post by spritely » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am

PaulC wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am
This will tell you the current revision you're on if you're on the latest major version. (AA/ACP are available on this version if enabled by your dealer)

If you don't have this option, then you're on the older major version (with 4 graphical boxes on the home screen rather than 3 textual columns). AA/ACP aren't avaliable on this version.
Hi Paul,
Can you post a pic please - would be vey helpful.
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:37 pm

PaulC wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am

I have the four boxes, so presumably this is older software. At service I was told there were no updates outstanding. Should not they be done as a matter of course rather than only when something needs fixing?

richyw323

Post by richyw323 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 pm

I've checked mine and on the default home screen I have 3 sections, the software version is S18C_18.32.4-205602 when I hit the "Check for Update" button it says no updates available. I take it there is a newer version than this that enables Android Auto? I haven't seen any option for it anywhere but must admit I'm still very much learning the system.
XE 250 R-Sport MY19 - Caesium blue - Ebony/Light Oyster Leather - Diamond Venoms - Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Elec Folding Mirrors, 10 Way Seats.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Software version S18C_18.32.4-205602 has Apple Car Play / Android Auto capability which must be enabled by your dealer who needs to activate the Smartphone Pack. Officially, activation of the Smartphone Pack is a cost option, but some UK dealers are doing it FOC as a goodwill gesture.
Ordered: P250 S; Portofino Blue; Lt Oyster Windsor Lthr Seats with Ebony/Lt Oyster interior; 16-way electric dr mem fr seats; Style 1048 wheels; Gloss Ash Burr Veneer; Heated steering wheel; 380W Meridan System; Spare wheel; Rubber mats

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:27 pm

spritely wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am
Hi Paul,
Can you post a pic please - would be vey helpful.
I'll see if I can get one later (unless someone posts one first), I'm not near to my car right now.
Thorn wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:37 pm
I have the four boxes, so presumably this is older software. At service I was told there were no updates outstanding. Should not they be done as a matter of course rather than only when something needs fixing?
It's not a *required* update, so when they check for "outstanding updates" it won't show up - you need to specifically ask for it. Even then some dealerships will only install it if you're having issues with the current version as it can be a pain to install.
richyw323 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 pm
I've checked mine and on the default home screen I have 3 sections, the software version is S18C_18.32.4-205602 when I hit the "Check for Update" button it says no updates available. I take it there is a newer version than this that enables Android Auto? I haven't seen any option for it anywhere but must admit I'm still very much learning the system.
There's a newer version, S18D which fixes some bugs in S18C (and introduces some new ones), however Android Auto is available on S18C - it needs the "Smartphone integration pack" enabling by your dealer.
Over the air updates don't seem to be enabled yet, so you'll always get the no updates available message for now.
The only way you'll know if Android Auto is enabled is swipe from right to left on the home screen, you'll get a screen of smaller tiles - one of which will be Android Auto - it's not in-your-face obvious.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

spritely

Post by spritely » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks Paul - much obliged.

Mark
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Cjwye wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm
Hi

Just had latest SW installed that includes CarPlay.
All seemed fine from dealers, however when I now try to get the map on the full screen drivers display it shows the jaguar sat nav even though I have google maps selected on CarPlay and the google map is on the infotainment screen!

If I then select a different display on the infotainment screen and I am using google maps for satnav I don’t have the directions available other than audio but do have the Jaguar map on the drivers display.

I have ict pro.

Surely this can’t be correct.
I’m afraid it is, the update only updates the touch pro not the digital instrument display. You can tell this as when you take or make a call the old display of the red telephone box is visible.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 am

The screen image on the cluster is directly fed from the IMC, the issue is that Crapple and Android wont approve a system which has a remote image
Drives - Velar HSE 240D and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T - Cold Climate Pack - Adaptive Headlights - Power Boot - Memory seat pack - Folding and dimming door mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Spare Wheel

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”