Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
wecpcs

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by wecpcs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 am

richyw323 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am
Hi all, I just picked up my MY19 XE on Friday. I've noticed that the Jaguar Incontrol Apps app seems to have been taken off the Google Play store, is this because they are starting to roll out Android Auto functionality now? I was planning on using it for Spotify but reading very mixed reviews about the whole Incontrol Apps experience on here so maybe I'm not missing much.

I see that the Android Auto thing seems to depend on what version of software the ICTP system is running, can someone tell me how to check this?
I notified Jaguar CRC yesterday re the problem and today they came back to me thanking me for reporting it and to say it is now back on the Google Play Store with a newer version, but just looks the same.
XE Prestige 2.0 Ingenium Auto, Fuji White, Light Oyster Grained Leather Seats & Trim, Adv. Parking Assist, Auto Dimming Power Fold mirrors with Approach Light & Space saver spare wheel.

richyw323

Post by richyw323 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Thanks, I've just downloaded this now and will give it a try in the morning. I'm not fussed about Android Auto tbh, my GFs car has it and apart from Spotify we don't really use it so if the InControl Apps stuff can give me Spotify control then I'm happy. I've only used the in car Navigation once so far and it seems good if a bit chatty, she likes to repeat instructions quite frequently. The graphics and visual aids all seem spot on though. Much easier to use than my previous cars satnav anyway (MK7 Golf).
XE 250 R-Sport MY19 - Caesium blue - Ebony/Light Oyster Leather - Diamond Venoms - Privacy Glass, Parking Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Elec Folding Mirrors, 10 Way Seats.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:39 am

PaulC wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:27 pm
spritely wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 am
Hi Paul,
Can you post a pic please - would be vey helpful.
I'll see if I can get one later (unless someone posts one first), I'm not near to my car right now.
Did you get a chance to get a pic of the screen for this one?
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Knew there was something I was supposed to do whilst in that car this week. I'll see if I remember over the weekend, however, a picture isn't going to tell you much other than to tap settings, then tap all settings, then tap software update. The version number is prefixed with the word 'version' from memory... should be pretty obvious.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

simpler

Post by simpler » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm

PaulC wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm
Knew there was something I was supposed to do whilst in that car this week. I'll see if I remember over the weekend, however, a picture isn't going to tell you much other than to tap settings, then tap all settings, then tap software update. The version number is prefixed with the word 'version' from memory... should be pretty obvious.
Would be great to get a picture PaulC for current and prospective buyers (like me). Hope you get chance over the weekend. Cheers

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Finally remembered:

Tap settings:

setting1.JPG

Tap all settings:

setting2.JPG

Tap software update:

setting3.JPG

That'll give you your version number.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] |[Garage space for a new toy] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

Jamesm478

Post by Jamesm478 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 am

I have the new 19MY and the Touch Pro software version is 18D and this doesn’t have Apple CarPlay just the Incontrol Apps
MY19, Caesium Blue, 250ps, black pack, black alloys, privacy glass :D

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Smartphone pack needs to be activated with Pathfinder, the dealer may charge for this, this brings in the apple car play and android auto
Drives - F-Pace R-Sport 180 and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T

WouterD

Post by WouterD » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 am

Hi,

I own a Jaguar xe 2018 model. 2 weeks ago i brought the car in for the much waited update ( 1 week after it got delivered in june i started having issues with the screen that turned off or the music randomly stopped and got delayed the update till now :oops: ). One of their promises was that this would include apple car play and android auto. as i'm a big fan of the waze app this made my mood back better. Since i post here needless to say that jaguar let me down - once again-.

Once finished i noticed i currently have apple car play but not android auto. I called the dealership about this and got told that this is a license issue ( jaguar not wanting to pay for it i guess?). Is what is told me correct ? if yes is there somewhere perhaps a website to keep track wether they are actually working on this or not?

might worth noticing that my dad owns a 2018 range rover velar and is experiencing the same issue; not having android auto and only apple carplay. Luckily for him he owns a iphone, i don't :D
Jaguar XE 2018 180hp edition.

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 pm

There is no license, Smartphone Pack gets enabled and that's it, this brings both functions.

Now there was issues with Android Auto in the Netherlands or Belgium for all marks (no idea if it is resolved), are you able to download the app from the Netherlands/Belgium play store
Drives - F-Pace R-Sport 180 and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”