Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
WouterD

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by WouterD » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi Mark,

Sadly the application is not available in belgium yet ( not sure about netherlands but i believe it's not as well). So this isn't a jaguar problem but an android one. :|
Thanks for the further explaination. i'll try downloading the apk tonight and test it in the car wether or not it works that way.
Jaguar XE 2018 180hp edition.

WouterD

Post by WouterD » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Little Update, i"ve installed android auto on my phone but no signs of android auto on the car. in the settings pannel i went to android settings ( in connectivity) but no android auto to find so i fear this is a car problem and not a phone problem sadly. to be 100% sure i will test tmrw in a volkswagen golf which has android auto but would suprise me that the phone is the problem.

would this be a geographic issue that android auto doesn't want to activate in belgium? ( bit the same as the option to start your car through the app not working in belgium). Is there a way to let your car think you're in the uk/...?
Jaguar XE 2018 180hp edition.

canajag

Post by canajag » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Got my ICTP updated earlier this week: MY2018, upgrade was to 19A.

I was charged for the smartphone pack to bring in AA and CarPlay. A little annoying to be charged, especially when the car was already in for software upgrades (from 2.5), but AA is GREAT! Definitely a substantial improvement to the experience.

simonpj145

Post by simonpj145 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:37 am

Hi i'm new to the forum (was on the XF forum but my car got written off by the driver behind me on the M4 last year...)

I have an MY2017 XE portfolio with the InControl App but on a normal screen, not the wide screen. Will I be able to upgrade this setup to Apple CarPlay? My wife has it in her Mini and it's amazing I really regret not having it. Asking particularly because i'm having a problem with Spotify/InControl App, which will be another post now.

If I am able to get it does anyone know the cost?

simonpj145

Post by simonpj145 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:09 pm

simonpj145 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:37 am
Hi i'm new to the forum (was on the XF forum but my car got written off by the driver behind me on the M4 last year...)

I have an MY2017 XE portfolio with the InControl App but on a normal screen, not the wide screen. Will I be able to upgrade this setup to Apple CarPlay? My wife has it in her Mini and it's amazing I really regret not having it. Asking particularly because i'm having a problem with Spotify/InControl App, which will be another post now.

If I am able to get it does anyone know the cost?
Have pretty much answered my own questions having now had time to go through all 27 pages. Still not sure though whether there’s a technical barrier to making it available on the 8” screen or just the current position doesn’t allow.

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:20 am

For what it's worth, I have the car into the dealership for service and a call to Jaguar USA was all it took to get the smartphone pack installed at Jag's expense.

As an early adopter of the ICT Pro system, we've had our fair share of issues. In my ind this is owed to us, and Jag thankfully agreed.
'17 XE 3.0 R-Sport: Arctic White on Red | Technology Pack with ICT Pro | Adaptive Dynamics | HUD | 19" Venoms | Black Pack

canajag

Post by canajag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:12 pm

I noticed on my drive into work today that Android Auto is now full screen! It's changed a fair bit, and for the better. Buttons are now on the left (Canada, so LHD car), a clock / date appear on the right when I have e.g. a podcast open, and if I have nav and a podcast / spotify open, then nav is about the same size as before, with a section on the right for a clock and mini-controls for the other app.

Looks a ton better - I'm not sure if this is on Android or Jaguar, but I'm pleased.

Rickster1978

Post by Rickster1978 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 pm

The garage I’ve just bought my 2018 XE from had mentioned that this was £240 to get set up. Managed to get it included as part of the deal. Was also a nice surprise when they told me it had a 5 year service plan included as well. Very happy with my purchase.

Thorn

Post by Thorn » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm

My dealer tells me that the infotainment upgrade to include Appl Car Play can now be installed on my year old XE at a cost of £360. I'd never heard of Apple Car Play (nor of Android Auto) until this thread started.is it worth having? What will it give me that I've not already got? If I put the Radio Paradise app on my phone, will I be able to play it through the car system, and could I not do it already, if I link the phone to the system via usb?

Russ74

Post by Russ74 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:49 am

It should be £200

Mine has just been in for an update due to a few issues, when it's come back it has carplay and android auto on the screen but when I click on them it say to connect a suitable device to the USB.

When I connect my phone via usb it dose come on but only while connected by wire, and it all looks abit jenky lo res and not what I was expecting, I was expecting the screen to look like my phones home page with apps etc. Can I presume this is not what your paying the £200 for?

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”