Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
bb_sam

Re: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Post by bb_sam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:45 pm

simonpj145 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:09 pm
simonpj145 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:37 am
Hi i'm new to the forum (was on the XF forum but my car got written off by the driver behind me on the M4 last year...)

I have an MY2017 XE portfolio with the InControl App but on a normal screen, not the wide screen. Will I be able to upgrade this setup to Apple CarPlay? My wife has it in her Mini and it's amazing I really regret not having it. Asking particularly because i'm having a problem with Spotify/InControl App, which will be another post now.

If I am able to get it does anyone know the cost?
Have pretty much answered my own questions having now had time to go through all 27 pages. Still not sure though whether there’s a technical barrier to making it available on the 8” screen or just the current position doesn’t allow.
Not sure if you were able to answer this question definitively? There appears to be an even newer update to the ICTP -- version 19B -- which is now available for download over the air and/or at the dealership. I also have an ICTP with the required ports to install the Smartphone Pack but I have the smaller 8.5" screen. With this latest 19B update, it still isn't clear to me whether the smaller screens would work or not????

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”