Jaguar XE Forum banner

Boot fuse box spare fuse sockets, loadability / wire gauge?

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  msa 
#1 ·
Hi and hello to the forum!

I was studying how to neatly install a 12V socket to the boot. It would be really handy to take the power from the sockets marked "spare" in the fuse box on the right hand side of the boot. Routing of cables would be a bit easier from there than routing the input straight from the battery. I assume using the fuse box inputs would as well help the battery mgmt not to get confused. In addition using those spares that have the incoming lead which feeds power when doors are opened, ignition is on or car is running would prevent forgetting e.g. "coolbox" to drain the battery when connected to that 12V socket . There are as well some unused fuse sockets marked with cigarette lighter symbol suitable for 20A fuse, but at least in my MY16 car they unfortunately do not have the incoming lead connected which spare locations do.

Would anyone have information how the box is wired? Is the input wiring (gauge) on "spare" locations heavy enough to pull out e.g. 10amps? I would not like to use car's wiring loom as a fuse and removing the fuse box to check the internals looks like a bit of work.

Best,
Mika

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.