USB music playback problem

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
BevC

Re: USB music playback problem

Post by BevC » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:18 pm

I am now being driven crazy by my system. I’ve bought the little ingrate a USB3 stick (keeping within the recommended size), carefully loaded it with M4A files and this morning, after happily playing the stick for about 20 minutes, I got Radio 2 for no apparent reason. When I got to the next set of red traffic lights I went into the media player and pressed USB1 and absolutely nothing - still on Radio 2 and refusing point blank to play the stick. The moment my husband gets in the car he’s as good as gold - the modicum of good behaviour and plays the stick without incident. Might need to make a phone call to the dealer before I have no hair left.
Current MY2019 Corris Grey/Oyster Portfolio 180 Auto AWD
Previously MY2015 Polaris White/Ebony Prestige 163 Manual

pinkyfloyd4

Post by pinkyfloyd4 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi I'm a newbie and waiting on my pending Landmark Edition. Can someone tell me the list of files it accepts as I'm sure I've read it doesn't support Flac which is a right bugger as all mine are in that format on my usb. Thanks....
Jaguar XE Landmark Edition 20t Petrol in Santorini Black

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:13 pm

copied from online owner manual 2019 XE..

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/documen ... c/G1889723

"The media system plays MP3, WMA, AIFF, M4A, FLAC, AAC, and ALAC files. Other formats are available."
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

pinkyfloyd4

Post by pinkyfloyd4 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Excellent thank you. The flac is issue I read must of of been an older system or software. Hopefully the playback issues you guys are having are resolved soon.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:15 am

FLAC works fine - all my music is FLAC and ICTpro has never had an issue playing it (if you've got the Meridian audio, it deserves FLAC files - feeding it crap like MP3 doesn't do it justice).
Jaguar XE S [380PS] | Jaguar F-Type R [550PS] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

pinkyfloyd4

Post by pinkyfloyd4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 am

Yep it will have the meridian audio and agree that it definitely needs lossless audio.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:39 pm

So I'd better start re-ripping my CD collection to Flac, then :lol:

The Insipid is happy enough with high-bitrate mp3s, but it won't play anything lossless, other than CDs themselves.
Finally got round to ordering a Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. And I managed to sneak more toys than I expected past SWMBO :lol:

BevC

Post by BevC » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:23 pm

My husband drove my car yesterday and has given me a suggestion, which I am going to try. When you get into the car press the Start/Stop without starting and do things like get settled, put on your seatbelt, etc. Only after this put your foot on the brake (or clutch if you have a manual) and start. He promises me this works like a charm, as it gives the car a chance to run its numerous checks. Here’s hoping he’s right, as the USB stick worked first time for him.

BevC

Post by BevC » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:20 am

I have finally cracked it. I had transferred music from one of our very old CDs and happened to notice it was a track from this particular CD that caused the system to freeze on both USB2 and 3 sticks. I have taken these tracks off and now leave my data switched on permanently (without automatic updates for music enabled) and so far so good with the USB2 stick - still no success with the USB stick, so that will be staying out of the car.

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:59 pm

This is apparently fixed in the 18D update - has anyone had it from their dealer or know if it's coming over the air? Mine is still saying no updates available :-(
USB CONNECTED DEVICES
First song will no longer be played after returning to USB playback from other sources, playback will resume from the last point. Improved media playback functionality when 2 iPods and iPhones are connected at the same time.
Tracks played from a USB device will show the correct track name instead of numbers
Corrupt USB devices will no longer cause the ISC to constantly reset.
Jaguar XE S [380PS] | Jaguar F-Type R [550PS] | Aston Martin Vantage [510PS] | VW Golf GTI [150PS]

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”