MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

BOBCDP

Re: USB music playback problem

Post by BOBCDP » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 pm

PhilB wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:07 am
JiggyJag wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:03 am
I'm sure there are other playlist creators out there, just I've found that Windows media player works for me.
Yep.
By far the easiest one for me.
Just load albums onto the media player then pop in the usb and sync them onto it.
I also binned that annoying "Carousel" display on the screen as I was forever going past the album I wanted.
:roll:
Thanks both. I'll give that a whirl

pozbaird

Post by pozbaird » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 pm

BOBCDP wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:20 pm
radio.JPG

Never had a problem with one of these in my old MK 2 3.8 :D :D
Who did you listen to on that? Churchill speeches? Glenn Miller? Radiohead when they were good? :D

pozbaird

Post by pozbaird » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Update time. Man and his USB v Jaguar Infotainment system...

In response to previous suggestions, I bought a new USB 3.0 32gb stick to try, and I also tried the suggestion of switching from USB playback to the radio before exiting the car. No joy. Same old, same old. USB playback either reverts to the first track on the stick alphabetically, or the system acts like its never seen a USB stick before and the infotainment screen simply shows four coloured rectangles constantly spinning around, as if trying, and failing, to pick up the contents of the stick.

Another issue that I have only just picked up on as I was trying the old and new USBs and was therefore removing them from inside the centre console - the sticks become very hot. Very hot indeed. This is not good, nor is it right. I have removed the USBs permanently and will get right onto the dealership.

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:42 pm

pozbaird wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 pm
BOBCDP wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:20 pm
radio.JPG

Never had a problem with one of these in my old MK 2 3.8 :D :D
Who did you listen to on that? Churchill speeches? Glenn Miller? Radiohead when they were good? :D
Winston was busy painting in France and Glenn had disappeared I'm afraid. :) :)
It was late 60s, early 70s and we had Radio 1 by then. On the medium wave of course!
I was just looking at the buttons on that radio and they don't ring any bells. Looks a bit foreign to me. I think mine had 1 to 5 on
pozbaird wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:52 pm
Update time. Man and his USB v Jaguar Infotainment system...

In response to previous suggestions, I bought a new USB 3.0 32gb stick to try, and I also tried the suggestion of switching from USB playback to the radio before exiting the car. No joy. Same old, same old. USB playback either reverts to the first track on the stick alphabetically, or the system acts like its never seen a USB stick before and the infotainment screen simply shows four coloured rectangles constantly spinning around, as if trying, and failing, to pick up the contents of the stick.

Another issue that I have only just picked up on as I was trying the old and new USBs and was therefore removing them from inside the centre console - the sticks become very hot. Very hot indeed. This is not good, nor is it right. I have removed the USBs permanently and will get right onto the dealership.

Oh dear you are having a bad time of it. Can't help with the random tracks I'm afraid, but as for the USB sticks, the mini ones do get very hot so don't blame your beloved XE for that :D :D

mdem

Post by mdem » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 pm

I have one of those mini ones and it does get very hot. It’s been in there for about 10 months and hasn’t managed to melt anything. I’ve read that this is normal, especially with the mini ones as these is not as much metal to dissipate the heat.
2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, sunroof, climate seats, ICT Pro.

SchafferUSA

Post by SchafferUSA » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:34 am

I have just about every problem listed in this string at one time or another. It will occasionally remember where the usb left off, not very often. It will sometimes go back to an album I listened to 2 days back. Weird. Audio dropouts. Can't remember last source. Crackles and pops. Worse since the ictpro ver 4 update. Dealer says wait till 4.5 but I am not holding out much hope. Pretty disgusted.
2017 XE First Edition AWD, USA model
Equivalent to 35t portfolio
Glacier white, black interior

mdem

Post by mdem » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 am

I’d forgotten that one. I’ve also had it remember a playing position from a day or so before and then later forget that and any other spot that it has ever been in. It is a bit annoying I agree.
2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, sunroof, climate seats, ICT Pro.

pozbaird

Post by pozbaird » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:33 am

Yeah, I’ve had that too.... was listening to AC/DC, got fourteen songs into the playlist on USB, went to car next day expecting to pick up with the track I had left it. Nope, defaulted to the radio, then track one on the USB alphabetically. Then, a whole three days later after listening to someone else, on start up, the system played AC/DC, exactly from where I had left it three days previously.

Something clearly is fried in the Jaguar Infotainment system brain. As an aside, thanks to those who replied about hot USBs being common. I had no idea, as for over three years the USB playing in my VW Golf never got overly hot.

spritely

Post by spritely » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi all,
Was not happy with the way all the tracks are listed individually in alphabetical order as tracks are mixed between albums - makes going to a certain album/track almost impossible. Oh well I thought I will get round that by putting each album in its own folder - job done. Nope - the thing still works in exactly the same silly way - whoever designed this software wants shooting imho - what a fudge up. I can but hope that Jaguar fix this at some point with a software update - but won't hold my breath. Grrrrrrrr.

Mark
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”