How to auto-tune DAB or FM radio

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
paulyuk6

How to auto-tune DAB or FM radio

Post by paulyuk6 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi folks
I'm new to this forum and I've only had my Jaguar XE (R-Sport) 2015 for a few days.
One thing that is baffling me about the radio (the standard model, not the Meridian version).
I can't be bothered to work through each station on the FM or DAB radio in turn and then manually add them as presets.
On my previous car, you could set it to scan through all the stations and then it would automatically add the ones with the strongest signals as presets. So all of the presets buttons would be auto-populated with the the radio stations. I could then edit them as required.
Is there a way to do this on the Jaguar radio? Otherwise you have to sit in the car manually tuning through the channels to find them, AND then save them as presets. Even the cheap DAB radio in my kitchen can do this automatically!

thanks in advance for any advice

Paul

Davevx

Re: How to auto-tune DAB or FM radio

Post by Davevx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 pm

fflintstone

Post by fflintstone » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Despite the posting of a very nice video above on how to tune to the next station - the answer is "no". You can't auto-tune the most powerful stations and then edit.

fflintstone

Post by fflintstone » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm

btw, while I'm at it... I discovered this thread when searching for any comments on the utterly frustrating operation of InControl Touch. I have a 2017 XE 3.5T with standard ICT. I love driving this car but will likely never buy another one due to the inexcusable shortcomings and inconveniences of the electronics. Here's a few:
* Every time you switch the display to another screen (phone, camera, etc) and then back to radio, it loses track of where you were on the presets. It's bad enough that it has only 18 presets for satellite radio, they are on 3 separate screens and the darn thing never remembers what screen you were on for the currently playing station! It always goes back to the first group of presets,
* Turn the car off and back on and it does the same thing! Why can't it bring you back to the preset screen that you were using?
* After parking camera goes off or you exit nav, it goes back to the home screen instead of where you were on media screen.
* Took the car for routine service a week ago and asked for ICT update. Of course it took overnight. Was hiping that Jaguar would have done something about the idiotic operation of the controls. Nope, just came back sounding thin and no mid-bass.
* Useless button for seat heat just takes you to the touch screen for adjustment and then it will only start on level 3. So, getting seat heat on requires: 1) hit button, tap screen to go up 3 times, tap down twice to go to level 1, burn your ass because it's so hot. Then, of course, it doesn't go back the radio screen that you were on.
* What's with no album art on sat radio? My wife's $25K car has album art.
* How about investing a dollar or two to put a tiny LED in the trunk release button? Can't find the thing for the life of me day or night when trying to pop trunk from inside.

There's more but I'm through venting for now.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”