Android broken bluetooth again?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
RobinB

Re: Android broken bluetooth again?

Post by RobinB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:36 am

Yep, I got this updating to Samsung One UI (Android 9 Pie) last week, just as I was really getting into audiobooks whilst driving as well :( Am thinking it might be better just to wait for an update as opposed to wind back the Android version. Back to DAB it is then.
Portfolio 180, Manual, Parking Pack, Bluefire

StevenC

Post by StevenC » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 am

Enjoy waiting a while, from what I was seeing on the Samsung forums they hadn't even acknowledged it as a fault...

RobinB

Post by RobinB » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am

Looks like they acknowledged the issue on Friday on that thread (thanks to whoever posted the link to that discussion!)

Hi all.

We've let our developers know about this one. They've got back to us today, and advised that as there’s a range of Bluetooth issues/symptoms going on, they want to more closely examine each one individually so they can produce a fix for you as quickly as possible.

The more info they've got from folks experiencing any of the issues the better for that. So if you’ve not done so already, can you guys send error reports with log files via the Samsung Members app as soon as the issue occurs for you?

(How to send an error report with log files: Samsung Members app > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.)
Portfolio 180, Manual, Parking Pack, Bluefire

vitoman58

Post by vitoman58 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:17 am

On my old car where I did have a problem I was thinking or resetting my phone back to an earlier version but this is a big job even for someone who works in IT (as I do)! So agree that if things are messing around it's best to just wait frustrating as it is. This really is an Android issue and not JLR. No car manufacturer can be expected to keep up with phone updates on every make and model.
Steve
R-Sport 250ps, Firenze Red, Black Pack, 825w Meridian ICTP, Adaptive+Configurable Dynamics, IDD

Grahamwsm

Post by Grahamwsm » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:39 am

Unfortunately none of the above fixed my issues but when messing around found that the SmartThings App was my issue on Samsung and seems to block the connection for contacts and using the Bluetooth feature in my Jaguar XE.

As soon as I removed the SmartThings App, my phone instantly asked for access to my phones contacts to connect properly and I haven't had an issue since.

I hope this works for others.

fredj132

Post by fredj132 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Sounds like a common issue. I was able to connect my Samsung S8 running version seamlessly for both music and phone. As soon as my phone upgraded to version 9, I started having bluetooth issues. The connection works initially after starting, but then bluetooth switches to the last used media, usually DAB. When I go to system->bluetooth, the check box is off. In moments it will re-appear, then after a couple more minutes, the option to use it as a source appears once more. This is a constant cycle. The only way to have media played is to disconnect the car from the phone, leaving the connection to music on. This isn't an option for most people. My phone works perfectly in other cars I have tried, Fords, VWs, Mercs etc., so is a Jaguar issue specifically with Android 9 devices.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 pm

2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR
Coming - 2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements

gooner

Post by gooner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 am

I have recently experienced the same issues with my Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 9, thing is my gf's phone a Sony also running Android 9, is having the same issues pointing to that it might not be a Samsung specific issue.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 am

Ears pricked up at my dealers yesterday when I mentioned the problem. It was as if they had been looking at cars with the problem.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

wecpcs

Post by wecpcs » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 pm

I have just checked my new Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus running android Pie on my XE (MY18) and it works perfectly playing music.
I must admit though when I first bought my S10 Plus on launch, I did have some trouble in connecting it to my XE with Blutooth for both phone and music with the problems others are describing now. After playing about with the settings for awhile and after searching on Google for a solution I found something, but I cannot remember what that was now, which was to change a setting in the mobile settings and it worked.
My S10 Plus was then working perfectly with my XE on Blutooth, but I had not tested until just now, after reading the latest comments on here whether it worked on music and I can confirm it does also play perfectly.

PS
I am thinking it may have been something to do with Smart Lock by adding my XE to be a trusted device along with my Gear S3 Smart Watch and Galaxy Buds.
XE Prestige 2.0 Ingenium Auto, Fuji White, Light Oyster Grained Leather Seats & Trim, Adv. Parking Assist, Auto Dimming Power Fold mirrors with Approach Light & Space saver spare wheel.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”