Vespa

Re: Android broken bluetooth again?

Post by Vespa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Too complicated for me. :)
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 am

After annoying Jaguar with a bunch of memes (featuring some of our pets) which probably only I think are funny, I have been assured that this issue will be solved by a software update for which my car is booked in next week. I am having a hard time reconciling that with the advice I had 3 weeks ago that my software was up to date, but here's hoping...

Screenshot_20190424-150848_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190424-150002_Messenger.jpg

2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR
Coming - 2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 am

well this is awkward, I have done another samsung update and havent had the problem since. Maybe those 15 or so memes were overkill, but I'll give it a few days and see.
2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR
Coming - 2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements

mikehatch

Post by mikehatch » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 am

Same here spoken to the dealer (which has been 5 times for the problem) who cannot help. Spoken to Jaguar HQ they say that they are working on a patch, who no how long this will be. I have also spoken to Samsung to try to put the phone back to where it was before the update, this cannot be done. So, stuck with a phone and a car that are not in sync with each other. This has serious implications for Jaguar if they cannot solve these small issues I will not be buying another Jaguar.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 am

Never had any trouble with my 1959 MG Magnette. No such thing as bluetooth or bloody mobile phones then. I too am annoyed that I can no longer start my car via the phone or check levels. I rarely get phone calls in the car but it appears fully connected all the time. Old phone Samsung S4 mini may just have some steam powered link to keep it going. By the way it's not just Jaguar having trouble, many makes are affected.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 am

mikehatch wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 am
Same here spoken to the dealer (which has been 5 times for the problem) who cannot help. Spoken to Jaguar HQ they say that they are working on a patch, who no how long this will be. I have also spoken to Samsung to try to put the phone back to where it was before the update, this cannot be done. So, stuck with a phone and a car that are not in sync with each other. This has serious implications for Jaguar if they cannot solve these small issues I will not be buying another Jaguar.
If you took the trouble to read through topics on here you might realise that not everybody has had this issue.
Also many other makes are affected so maybe not Jaguar's fault ?
As another member recently posted a recent update has apparently cured his issues
If you go into the phone's menu and look at software updates and search you might find it needs one.
Current: 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 am

PhilB wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 am

If you took the trouble to read through topics on here you might realise that not everybody has had this issue.
Many other makes are affected so maybe not Jaguar's fault ?
As another member recently posted a recent update has apparently cured his issues
If you go into the phone's menu and look at software updates and search you might find it needs one.
This...

My Huawei phone may be passing details of my journeys to China, in adition to Google keeping track of them all, but the bluetooth connects first time, every time...

One of my friends was on the international bluetooth standards group for some years, and has many and varied tales of companies interpretations of "Standards", and trying to get them to all work together!

Quote "It makes herding cats look like a nice, easy saturday morning job!"
A Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:51 am

Vespa wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 am
I rarely get phone calls in the car but it appears fully connected all the time. Old phone Samsung S4 mini may just have some steam powered link to keep it going. By the way it's not just Jaguar having trouble, many makes are affected.
Don't worry you aren't alone.
My journeys and remote start packed up on the 7th May.
Just a coincidence that was the day I pulled the sim as it was about to expire.
The sim is nothing to do with the remote app but maybe a bit spooky.
Car is going back to the dealer in the next few weeks so it can bloody stay like it.
Still ignoring the "service due" message which has started nagging again as well.
:lol:

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 am

Gojira wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 am
This...

My Huawei phone may be passing details of my journeys to China, in adition to Google keeping track of them all, but the bluetooth connects first time, every time...

One of my friends was on the international bluetooth standards group for some years, and has many and varied tales of companies interpretations of "Standards", and trying to get them to all work together!

Quote "It makes herding cats look like a nice, easy saturday morning job!"
I don't think people realise that software updates aren't always applied automatically certainly on my Samsung 8.
The major jobs certainly are as you get the message about it.
But this morning I found an update for the monthly security job and another thing for the camera.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 am

PhilB wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 am
I don't think people realise that software updates aren't always applied automatically certainly on my Samsung 8.
The major jobs certainly are as you get the message about it.
But this morning I found an update for the monthly security job and another thing for the camera.
I got those updates and my phone was locked from a previous security that I abandoned. I have now removed the lock as it is a PITA.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”