Android broken bluetooth again?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Marks_DTM

Re: Android broken bluetooth again?

Post by Marks_DTM » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:43 pm

BruceTheQuail wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 am
After annoying Jaguar with a bunch of memes (featuring some of our pets) which probably only I think are funny, I have been assured that this issue will be solved by a software update for which my car is booked in next week. I am having a hard time reconciling that with the advice I had 3 weeks ago that my software was up to date, but here's hoping...
A 2020 Jaguar will have TouchPro as standard.........it only affects Touch.........and is a Samsung issue.......and it takes at least 4 weeks to produce and test fully any software patches......
Drives - Velar HSE 240D and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T - Cold Climate Pack - Adaptive Headlights - Power Boot - Memory seat pack - Folding and dimming door mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Spare Wheel

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:47 am

Just an update, mine was fixed in the first week of May and worked fine, I was in Japan for a few weeks then when I came back it was working fine, gradually it has gotten worse and it is now bad again (dropouts every minute or so), I will try clearing the cache and see if that does anything.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

Venkatsjag

Post by Venkatsjag » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:07 am

Recently bought a pixel 3 and having the same connectivity dropping issue when pairing with my 2017 Jag XE r sport. The Bluetooth connection recycles every few minutes. i did have issues with my previous phone Sony Xperia Z compact but nothing this bad. I initially thought it's a pixel only issue but the fact that phone connects flawlessly with my Bluetooth headset indicates this is an issue with the Jag info system. I drive quite a bit so this issue is a real pain. Have tried all suggestions including clearing Bluetooth cache, re-pairing, etc but to no avail. Scheduled to take the car in for service in about a week's time and hope to find a resolution there...

Anyone had any luck trying to resolve this?

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:41 pm

I cleared the cache in bluetooth on my phone and it seemed to fix it. I tried it because the problem seemed to get worse over a few days, which smelled a little like a clearing cache thing from other PC issues I've had over the years (which I dont really understand, so dont roll your eyes too much). This has only been a few days so I dont know whether it is a fix or coincidence. I'm gonna keep clearing the cache every couple of days and see if it stays good. To clear the cache on your phone (android) go to apps/show system apps/bluetooth/storage and the option to clear cache should be there.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 am

There is a Topix SSM arrived on the website today.................... SSM74447 Bluetooth issues
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm

...clearing the cache didnt fix it...

JacquesLeblanc

Post by JacquesLeblanc » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:49 am

Hi!

The problem with Android / Jaguar is in the syncing of the messages and the phonebook.

This worked for me:

Activate developer settings in Android (https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ho ... n-android/)

Go to Developer settings and change the Bluetooth PBAP version 2.0 to PBAP version 1.0. Disallow in the Bluetooth general settings also the syncing of messages.

Your Phonebook and messages won't sync anymore with the carkit, but your connection for media and phone wil become stable.

Regards, Jacques

sid786

Post by sid786 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:52 pm

JacquesLeblanc wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:49 am
Hi!

The problem with Android / Jaguar is in the syncing of the messages and the phonebook.

This worked for me:

Activate developer settings in Android (https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ho ... n-android/)

Go to Developer settings and change the Bluetooth PBAP version 2.0 to PBAP version 1.0. Disallow in the Bluetooth general settings also the syncing of messages.

Your Phonebook and messages won't sync anymore with the carkit, but your connection for media and phone wil become stable.

Regards, Jacques
This seems to be the only thing that seems to have worked for me.

I tried clearing cache , reset of head unit, even reset the phone. Car has been into the dealership who just said system is latest and no firmware update.

Going through Bluetooth developer options & downgrading has definitely Worked!

jonet

Post by jonet » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Vespa wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 am
There is a Topix SSM arrived on the website today.................... SSM74447 Bluetooth issues
I know on topix it says Bluetooth for Android devices but does anyone know exactly what it is a fix for. Is it for Touch or Touch Pro? Any more details available.
Very frustrating issues with S8, Pie update, on my Touch system.

Thanks.
MY18 2018 Jaguar XE 180 Diesel Auto R-Sport Santorini Black, Black Pack, 19" Venom Alloys, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 am

The clever dicks that update everything usually mess it up for everyone else. Yesterday the TV transmitters were all updated to shift channels about and really messed up my recorders even after retuning. Hopefully that is now corrected as one channel recorded early today as set. I dread getting another TV in case that becomes obsolete in 12 months. DAMN electronics and updates. :evil:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”