Android broken bluetooth again?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Pablo fabulous

Re: Android broken bluetooth again?

Post by Pablo fabulous » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:00 pm

I still have issues with connectivity, i have turned off everything apart from Audio from the phones bluetooth settings and the connection holds fine its when you add calls and message access the connection drops. still annoying mind.

LeedsShaker90

Post by LeedsShaker90 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:11 pm

It looks as though someone may have solved this issue whilst we all patiently wait for an update release from Google.

All credit to the fella below on the Samsung forums.

You can either download the Bluetooth Phonebook app from the Play store or get it from the Amazon App Store.

I'd recommend getting it on the Amazon store if you can as it means you'll get your call logs as well. For some unknown reason Google won't list any apps that request access to your call logs. If you're happy just with the phonebook then the Play Store version should be fine.

20190613_190638.jpg

Gambalunga

Post by Gambalunga » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:23 pm

The below was posted on the Samsung forum and I re-post it here for the information of members.
@Robert_Swiss wrote:

Here is a good description:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobi ... xy-device/

On APPS, ABOUT DEVICE or ABOUT PHONE

If you see Build number, touch it seven times

If you don't see Build number, touch Software info, then Build number. Touch it seven times

Then follow the instructions here:

1. Bluetooth advanced settings, dual audio on (volume and ringtone sync off).

2. Developer settings, changed PBAP version to 1.1 and turned multiple PBAP properties off.

3. Unpair car from phone, and remove phone from car.

4. Initiate a new pairing with the phone, and when asked I allowed only contact sync, not messages sync.
Thank you Robert

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, a Jaguar XE with the standard In Control Touch (FM version). Ever since I have had the S9 I have had problems with the Bluetooth dripping out. I went to the dealer in May and had all the latest upgrades installed. Unfortunately nothing helped and the response of the service manager was to wait for the next Jaguar update!

In the car I often listen to streaming Radio Swiss Jazz :smiling-face: using the app and I also use TomTom Speed Cameras app. Phone calls had become a nightmare and the audio kept dropping out and the system reverted to FM radio.

I followed your advice as above and it has now held the Bluetooth connection for several days of use without once dropping out.

Thank you

Peter
Peter
2012 Morgan Plus 4
Jaguar XE R-Sport 180PS Diesel AWD Auto MY18, Firenze Red, 18" Templar (Style 5029) wheels, electrically adjustable leather seats, navigator, and a few other little things.

lolord

Post by lolord » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:57 pm

Gambalunga wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:23 pm
The below was posted on the Samsung forum and I re-post it here for the information of members.
@Robert_Swiss wrote:

Here is a good description:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobi ... xy-device/

On APPS, ABOUT DEVICE or ABOUT PHONE

If you see Build number, touch it seven times

If you don't see Build number, touch Software info, then Build number. Touch it seven times

Then follow the instructions here:

1. Bluetooth advanced settings, dual audio on (volume and ringtone sync off).

2. Developer settings, changed PBAP version to 1.1 and turned multiple PBAP properties off.

3. Unpair car from phone, and remove phone from car.

4. Initiate a new pairing with the phone, and when asked I allowed only contact sync, not messages sync.
Thank you Robert

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, a Jaguar XE with the standard In Control Touch (FM version). Ever since I have had the S9 I have had problems with the Bluetooth dripping out. I went to the dealer in May and had all the latest upgrades installed. Unfortunately nothing helped and the response of the service manager was to wait for the next Jaguar update!

In the car I often listen to streaming Radio Swiss Jazz :smiling-face: using the app and I also use TomTom Speed Cameras app. Phone calls had become a nightmare and the audio kept dropping out and the system reverted to FM radio.

I followed your advice as above and it has now held the Bluetooth connection for several days of use without once dropping out.

Thank you

Peter
Hi,
I don't find where to change the PABP version on my S8+ (Android pie with the latest update- june 2019).
Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20190627-233421_Settings.jpg

ImageXE 20d 180 R-Sport BVA8 BlueFireImage
10Way Seats+4way Lumbar+Heated front seats|Advantage pack|Navigation|Privacy Glass|Air quality sensing|Auto dimming rear view mirror

Leeswan

Post by Leeswan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:26 am

Can confirm this works.
Change bluetooth avrcp to 1.6. This will then let the call logs to be updated rather than hang
Change PBAP to 1.1

So you need developer settings enabled to do this by tapping build number 7 times.

Jaguar xe 2 litre diesel 2016

lolord

Post by lolord » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:07 am

Hi Leeswan,

Thanks for your response.
I've tried to set AVRCP to 1.6 but the problem is allways present.
The developer settings are enabled as you can see in the screenshot in my precedent post.
I think i don't have the ability to change the PBAP version on S8+ :?

I will try the bluetooth phonebook application.
ImageXE 20d 180 R-Sport BVA8 BlueFireImage
10Way Seats+4way Lumbar+Heated front seats|Advantage pack|Navigation|Privacy Glass|Air quality sensing|Auto dimming rear view mirror

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:06 am

Vespa wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 am
There is a Topix SSM arrived on the website today.................... SSM74447 Bluetooth issues
Can I ask a pretty simple question?
Vespa posted the SSM above nearly a month ago.
Rather than continue to fanny around with the phone has anybody had this done at the dealer and did it fix it?
Just for the info of those that are still having issues?
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:39 am

Not me. The only thing that worked for me was adding the phonebook app. Mine works perfectly now (after months of problems), except that new texts dont pop up (though I can still see them if I go to messages). That is probably a setting that I changed in the car when doing the "go back to bluetooth 1.1 fix" which at least maintained the bluetooth connection but resulted in almost all other functionality being lost. I dont want to mess with the settings now to restore the new message pop up, in case I wreck it.

So if I was to make any suggestion it would be :

1. first try adding the bluetooth phonebook app;
2. if that doesnt work, try previous version of bluetooth.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 am

BruceTheQuail wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:39 am
Not me. The only thing that worked for me was adding the phonebook app. Mine works perfectly now (after months of problems), except that new texts dont pop up (though I can still see them if I go to messages). That is probably a setting that I changed in the car when doing the "go back to bluetooth 1.1 fix" which at least maintained the bluetooth connection but resulted in almost all other functionality being lost. I dont want to mess with the settings now to restore the new message pop up, in case I wreck it.

So if I was to make any suggestion it would be :

1. first try adding the bluetooth phonebook app;
2. if that doesnt work, try previous version of bluetooth.
My question still stands.
My point is that there could possibly be a fix from Jaguar with this SSM but we don't know if anybody has had it done and if it works.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Draxxster

Post by Draxxster » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:47 am

There is still no Jag update for the non pro ICT.

As of the 7th of June they were still working on a fix.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”