1 Jag, 2 Phones

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Rickster1978

1 Jag, 2 Phones

Post by Rickster1978 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi all

So I recently got my first XE and one thing I have noticed is that I seem to only be able to have one phone connected at a time. My previous VW allowed for two to be connected so I could always have my work and personal phone connected (one android and one iPhone).

I have the incontrol touch pro system with the larger screen so I was wondering if it’s possible to connect the iPhone via CarPlay and the android via Bluetooth. Has anyone else managed to set up two phones to run at the same time.

JiggyJag

Re: 1 Jag, 2 Phones

Post by JiggyJag » Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Not managed to setup 2 phones on mine - but would like to.
Curr: MY20 E-Pace P200 Chequered Flag, Photon red
Prev: MY18 XE P250 Portfolio RWD, Loire blue / Oyster, folding mirrors
Prev: MY17 XE D180 Prestige Auto, Odyssey red / Latte, pano roof, folding mirrors

xep

Post by xep » Wed May 08, 2019 2:51 pm

My wife and I are both connected on mine. It seems to connect to hers when we're both in the car, and I think it's likely due to hers being added most recently?! Someone else I'm sure will come up with a better reason.
XE R Sport 240 MY16 | Bluefire / Jet Blue | Black / Privacy / Cold Climate / Parking pack

mdem

Post by mdem » Wed May 08, 2019 10:50 pm

In the settings you can specify which is to be the primary phone.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

Rickster1978

Post by Rickster1978 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:40 pm

It’s a real shame that you can’t have two connected at the same time. Only now have I realised how useful it was on the VW. A little surprised that a 2016 scirocco can manage it but a 2018 jaguar can’t :(

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Thu May 09, 2019 9:50 pm

I don't even have 1 connected and have my phone on mute whenever in the car. I enjoy the solitude of driving too much to have a mobile interrupting me.
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport

pauljobr

Post by pauljobr » Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 pm

I have two phones connected in my car, MY19 ICT PRO. If I am travelling for work my work phone has priority and connects with telephone Bluetooth and my personal phone connects as multi-media Bluetooth. So I can play music from my personal phone and answer calls on my work phone if I need to.
If I do not have my work pone with me then my personal phone connects as both phone and media.

I could do this on my old MY16 ICT system although it was a manual selection to switch telephone from my personal to the work phone when traveling for work, leaving my personal phone for media. But I could have both phones connected at the same time.
R-Sport 300, Corris Grey, Jet / Light Oyster.
XKR, X100 4.2-s Copper Black, Ivory leather.

Previous:
R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black.

JiggyJag

Post by JiggyJag » Fri May 17, 2019 11:57 pm

pauljobr wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 pm
I have two phones connected in my car, MY19 ICT PRO. If I am travelling for work my work phone has priority and connects with telephone Bluetooth and my personal phone connects as multi-media Bluetooth. So I can play music from my personal phone and answer calls on my work phone if I need to.
If I do not have my work pone with me then my personal phone connects as both phone and media.

I could do this on my old MY16 ICT system although it was a manual selection to switch telephone from my personal to the work phone when traveling for work, leaving my personal phone for media. But I could have both phones connected at the same time.
Can you have both mobiles connected as phones, i.e. able to receive and make calls ?
Curr: MY20 E-Pace P200 Chequered Flag, Photon red
Prev: MY18 XE P250 Portfolio RWD, Loire blue / Oyster, folding mirrors
Prev: MY17 XE D180 Prestige Auto, Odyssey red / Latte, pano roof, folding mirrors

pauljobr

Post by pauljobr » Sat May 18, 2019 10:00 am

JiggyJag
I have not tried to make two phones connect with Telephone, but from remembering about the settings I don't believe that is achievable, from the old ICT the selection was by tick boxes, so you could only tick one phone for Telephone at a time. With this current ICTPro I believe it is the same also so in that case you are correct in not being able to connect two mobiles as phone devices.
For me it's not a problem as if I am driving for work I am only concerned about the work calls and when driving otherwise there is usually someone else in the car who can answer their own phone. But I can see if you have had it before it is a nice to have again.
R-Sport 300, Corris Grey, Jet / Light Oyster.
XKR, X100 4.2-s Copper Black, Ivory leather.

Previous:
R-Sport 180 Auto, Ultimate Black.

Repairman

Post by Repairman » Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 pm

I forward calls from my work phone to personal phone, so that I don't miss any calls, if I need to make a call with work phone I make this phone priority, or turn Bluetooth off on personal phone, depending on my needs
2016 XF Portfolio in British Racing Green. previous 2016 XE R-Sport in Italian Racing Red