False alarm

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
PhilB

Re: False alarm

Post by PhilB » Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 am

If your efforts with the suppressor don't work out then maybe consider if the neighbours have recently added some electronics such as lighting etc which could be affecting you.
MY20 Evoque P300 HSE.
Previously: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green. 2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Wed May 15, 2019 8:54 am

wdig wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:26 pm
Had the car 9 months - never heard the alarm. Last few days x3 messages from IC secure to say car under threat. Each time car fully locked in locked garage so ??
Tonight went off twice, once when I was in the garage but not touching the car, once when I was outside when alarm started at the exact moment when my LED PIR spotlight turned on. Looks to me like it is responding to external mains electricity switching - is this possible? if so with our urban wildlife it is likely to drive us and IC secure bonkers!
Could it be that whatever triggered your alarm also triggered the lamp? PIR's can be subject to interference as well.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Marks_DTM

Post by Marks_DTM » Wed May 15, 2019 1:56 pm

There are quite a few lamps sold in the EU with what appear to the the correct markings but, they are not compliant with the relevant standards

Telematics will raise an alert if it thinks it is being jammed, a light that emits excess EMC will effectively work as a jamming device......
Drives - Velar HSE 240D and 2019MY XE Landmark 20T - Cold Climate Pack - Adaptive Headlights - Power Boot - Memory seat pack - Folding and dimming door mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Spare Wheel

wdig

Post by wdig » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Vespa - absolutely no offence taken, I was just pointing out that many electronics sold in the UK from apparently reputable companies have their origin in the PRC.
I have bought stuff many times from CPC, a part of farnell, a major company, much originates from China and has to date proved to be fine. I did once make the mistake of buying a "corn" bulb from China direct: it arrived 2 months later (after I had had a refund) and lasted about 3 months.
Of course, iphones emanate from China.

Disconnected the led last night with no alerts: will switch on again tonight and see what happens.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”