InControl Pro upgrade issues

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Kidsdoc

InControl Pro upgrade issues

Post by Kidsdoc » Sat May 25, 2019 2:24 pm

I recently took delivery of a new 2018 XE S (which I love). I noticed that the software had not been updated before delivery so have taken the car back to the dealer to have this done. It has now been there for 3 days as they cannot get the update to install....is this unusual?? Apparently they are getting lots of guidance from Jaguar Canada but so far nothing working.

BrendonSF

Re: InControl Pro upgrade issues

Post by BrendonSF » Sat May 25, 2019 2:29 pm

No, not terribly unusual I'm afraid. Particularly for older versions of the software. Usually they are able to get through it, but sometimes it will require them to replace the hardware unit (master controller).
'17 XE 3.0 R-Sport: Arctic White on Red | Technology Pack with ICT Pro | Adaptive Dynamics | HUD | 19" Venoms | Black Pack

Kidsdoc

Post by Kidsdoc » Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks...a bit disappointing but at least I have a nice loaner to drive while they figure it out.

Kidsdoc

Post by Kidsdoc » Wed May 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Took them 3 days but now installed and seems to be working.
I was advised that my Samsung S7 phone should connect to Android Auto via Bluetooth but this does not seem to be the case. Works fine via USB connection.
Is this a phone compatibility issue, Bluetooth or InControl settings thing? Or all of the above?

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Wed May 29, 2019 3:37 pm

According to this:

https://support.google.com/androidauto/ ... 9#wireless

Android Auto only works wirelessly on a very limited range of phones, unsurprisingly all Google product - are they learning from the Church of the Zombie Steve? :o

(what makes you think I'm not an Apple fan... :D )
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Kidsdoc

Post by Kidsdoc » Wed May 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Hmm...thanks.
So Android Auto is a wireless connection, not Bluetooth? Will give that a try just because I love wasting time on this.... :D

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Wed May 29, 2019 7:21 pm

Correct, android auto uses wi-fi to connect to your head unit. However, wireless android auto is not supported via Jaguar. Very few OEMs do at the moment.
'17 XE 3.0 R-Sport: Arctic White on Red | Technology Pack with ICT Pro | Adaptive Dynamics | HUD | 19" Venoms | Black Pack

Kidsdoc

Post by Kidsdoc » Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 am

Thanks for the guidance. Might have to get a new phone to go with the new car.... ;)

Kidsdoc

Post by Kidsdoc » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Update. Upgraded my phone to Google Pixel 3 running Android 9.0. Does not connect wirelessly to Android Auto.

Jschlesinger

Post by Jschlesinger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi, I upgraded the InControl Touch Pro on my MY16 XE to get Android Auto and there is no sound. This might be an installation fault as they removed the module, sent it to Jaguar and then reinstalled it just in time for me to drive to France for a month. However, it may just be that I need to turn the sound up. Do you know how to do it on the upgraded ICT Pro? The audio settings don't help and I can't find how to get the system to give the next instruction. Note that I can turn sound off, and then there is no interruption to media, when the sound is on there is an interruption but no sound. I have tried turning up sound during the interruption but it only turns up the media.
John

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”