Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by j3bnl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Milfordman wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 am
j3bnl wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am
KevinInSuffolkUK wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:45 pm

How many updates have there been this this time last year ?
I’ve no idea how many updates there are per year. I was hoping someone on here with the non pro version would be able to help
There are two map updates per year for the non pro. About £97.00 for an update.

Regards John
Cheers John.
Before I stump up I want to know if the Queensferry crossing and the Aberdeen AWPR are on it.
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:01 pm

This got me thinking and I may have sussed out what the relevant numbers mean. Last year I bought an update in Aug/Sept (cannot quite remember) Then in Oct there was another update. My current updated ref is 26 3 9908 which I think mybe 2 (001)6 2016 year issue and then 3 being the issue number of that year then 9 being Sept 9 being the date ie 9th Sept and 08 referencing for that update, possibly to do with the number of modifications prior to download by myself.
The current version 28 1 10507 similarly coded 28 (2018) 10 Oct, 5 being the 5th and 07 the last tweeked update. If I am correct then the next update will be Oct 2019 and the new code will be 29.1.10*** or 2019 issue 1, 10 Oct * (date in Oct) ** and relevant references for that. Of course I may be well off the mark but it's quite likely, and it may be updated in Sept making 29.1.09*** :geek:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

j3bnl

Post by j3bnl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 am

Vespa wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:01 pm
This got me thinking and I may have sussed out what the relevant numbers mean. Last year I bought an update in Aug/Sept (cannot quite remember) Then in Oct there was another update. My current updated ref is 26 3 9908 which I think mybe 2 (001)6 2016 year issue and then 3 being the issue number of that year then 9 being Sept 9 being the date ie 9th Sept and 08 referencing for that update, possibly to do with the number of modifications prior to download by myself.
The current version 28 1 10507 similarly coded 28 (2018) 10 Oct, 5 being the 5th and 07 the last tweeked update. If I am correct then the next update will be Oct 2019 and the new code will be 29.1.10*** or 2019 issue 1, 10 Oct * (date in Oct) ** and relevant references for that. Of course I may be well off the mark but it's quite likely, and it may be updated in Sept making 29.1.09*** :geek:
Sounds possible.
I have decided to sit tight and wait until I can get it confirmed that the Queensferry Crossing and AWPR (Aberdeen bypass) are on any update I purchase.
A couple of weeks ago I updated the satnav in my wife's Mini Cooper S and it cost £49 including a lifetime code for her car. Update came on a Pen drive and any future updates will be £30ish as I already have the code.
Simple to install and update and no need for dealership or £98.
Would also point out that her Mini's nav is significantly better than the Jags.
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel

KevinInSuffolkUK

Post by KevinInSuffolkUK » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:53 am

j3bnl wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 am
Vespa wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:01 pm
Sounds possible.
I have decided to sit tight and wait until I can get it confirmed that the Queensferry Crossing and AWPR (Aberdeen bypass) are on any update I purchase.
A couple of weeks ago I updated the satnav in my wife's Mini Cooper S and it cost £49 including a lifetime code for her car. Update came on a Pen drive and any future updates will be £30ish as I already have the code.
Simple to install and update and no need for dealership or £98.
Would also point out that her Mini's nav is significantly better than the Jags.
Hope these images help (Feb 2019 update):-

IMG_20190711_103901.jpg

IMG_20190711_104144.jpg

IMG_20190711_104219.jpg

MY18, Narvic Black, Latte/Light Oyster, Prestige Auto Petrol 200PS
Parking Pack, 10way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer, 40/20/40, premium mats

Biscuit

Post by Biscuit » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Folks

Can anybody tell me the date of the latest map update for the ICT (not the Pro) I've been holding off updating since I bought my XE shortly after it was released. At the time I was led to believe that updates were included in the service plan but the dealer closed soon after and I was left being expected to pay a rediculoius price for a product that was far from impressive.

I'd planned to get TomTom InDash as an alternative but they abandoned it last week (no longer on the Google store), so unless anyone has a better idea looks like I need to update.

From previous threads it looks like an update may be due around October, so does anyone know if thats the case and if so does it have the new A555 Manchester Airport Relief Road on it? Would hate to fork that amount of cash for out for an out of date map that gets updated (to a less out of date version) only a few days later.

Any help much appreciated

Biscuit
Portfolio 240|Petrol Auto | Ammonite Grey |Cold Climate Pack | Parking Pack |Meridian Sound System | 6 Spoke 18" Alloys | 40/40/20 seats | Powerfold Mirrors with Blind Spot Monitor | Spacesaver Wheel |4 * Electric Lumbar Support.

Rabbutler

Post by Rabbutler » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am

I am also waiting for the update of the latest Maps to include the Queens ferry crossing and the new Aberdeen AWPR route.
I had a loaner XE while my own XE was being serviced and it had the new AWPR route on it. So of course thinking this was now available on the latest Maps release I bought it, installed on my card only to find the AWPR nor the Queensferry crossing were on it.
I contacted JLR customer services to complain that I had paid the £96 for the latest version of the Map based on what I experienced with the Loaner XE and to receive the new AWPR updates was the only reason I purchased it. So How could the Loaner XE have these roads but the latest version did not.
It transpires that the JLR company cars get loaded with Beta versions for testing prior to general release, hence why that car had the new roads.
I complained that I had spent £96 based on this but had not received any benefit. The customer services agent agreed with me and provided a code that I could use to download the new maps when they were available.
Now my problem is again how do you find out what is available, new roads wise on the latest Maps. So I cam across the web site http://mapchanges.navigation.com/
This supposedly displays the new roads added to the maps, think they are highlighted Blue. and currently there are no updates in my area Aberdeen. Check it out and see if you agree with my assumption.
XE 240 R SPORT AWD Caesium Blue

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 am

I think October is the best to update. I updated in Sept only to find there was a newer version in October. I assume that when it looks like I am in afield I am actually low level flying. :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Biscuit

Post by Biscuit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Thanks Rabbutler

Update map is well worth watching but no sign of the updates I was looking for. I'll hold off on the update but will kepp monitoring the map

Tahnks Again

Biscuit
Portfolio 240|Petrol Auto | Ammonite Grey |Cold Climate Pack | Parking Pack |Meridian Sound System | 6 Spoke 18" Alloys | 40/40/20 seats | Powerfold Mirrors with Blind Spot Monitor | Spacesaver Wheel |4 * Electric Lumbar Support.

notsooldman

Post by notsooldman » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:04 am

I've also just hit this snag that the USB stick that I used to use for map updates isn't big enough any more. (Groan)

Furthermore, although the only maps that I need and would use are UK ones, the download is for the whole of Europe and Russia! It's not possible to download just the country or countries that you actually need. You therefore end up downloading 32GB of maps which then take up storage space within ICT Pro and prevent using that space to store more music. Daft. :(
2016 R-Sport 2.0i (240), ICT Pro, 14-way seats with mem, sunroof

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:27 am

notsooldman wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:04 am
I've also just hit this snag that the USB stick that I used to use for map updates isn't big enough any more. (Groan)

Furthermore, although the only maps that I need and would use are UK ones, the download is for the whole of Europe and Russia! It's not possible to download just the country or countries that you actually need. You therefore end up downloading 32GB of maps which then take up storage space within ICT Pro and prevent using that space to store more music. Daft. :(
This topic is about the standard ICT that uses an SD card for the maps.
I think you were thinking of another topic on map upadtes that uses the USB for the Pro nav version.
Plus the nav is a separate system that doesn't use any memory from the media storage.
I've also just changed the main title to ensure we are talking about standard ICT only.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”