Standard ICT Sat Nav Updates

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Deleted User 732

Re: Standard ICT Sat Nav Updates

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 pm

I updated mine last week and today I was trying to find something for Mike rometer and I think something wasn't quite right. It could have been me and the map orientaion. I have just downloaded it all again (FOC), so I will see what happens when I try it out again. :?

Aviator

Post by Aviator » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi all, a quick update for you. After finding the email address for somebody very very senior at JLR, I've been contacted by customer services and told my nearest dealer has a new SD card for me. Going on Saturday to get this and hopefully it has the latest version of everything. :)
17 Plate XE Prestige Petrol (2018MY) in Firenze Red

ash_scotland88

Post by ash_scotland88 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:53 pm

How often are updates?
VW happened in Feb if I recall (websites also had them for acquisition).
My version doesn't have the Queensferry Crossing and some other new major routes, but at the same time £97 feels a lot for a one off update.
2006 XE 25t R-Sport | Fireblue | 5030D Wheels | Contrast Black/Navy Interior |Panoramic Electric Sunroof | Heated Steering Wheel | Comfy seats with too many electric options etc

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:50 am

2x per year It's one of those things that if you want it on your Jargwarr, then unfortunately, the wallet has to open on this particular system. :lol:

Harry405

Post by Harry405 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm

I haven’t updated my maps since 2016. Will I notice a big difference? Is it a new look or does it now have speed cameras?

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:08 pm

No, unless you travel a lot.

Sherlock Ohms

Post by Sherlock Ohms » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 pm

North of The Border you now get Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route & Queensferry Crossing.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Sherlock Ohms

Post by Sherlock Ohms » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:27 pm

Despite just having paid for the upgrade, I have been hit for a £30 fine by Glasgow City Council for driving through a two-block bus gate while following the SatNav instructions to get to an hotel one block further south on the same road.

Fair enough the new signs are visible on the video (and the big red line across the road is clear on Google Earth) but it was p***ing down and I was following several other cars.

No excuse, but I would have hoped that a bus & taxi only stretch of road was not treat as a viable route.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 am

Sherlock Ohms wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:27 pm
Despite just having paid for the upgrade, I have been hit for a £30 fine by Glasgow City Council for driving through a two-block bus gate while following the SatNav instructions to get to an hotel one block further south on the same road.

Fair enough the new signs are visible on the video (and the big red line across the road is clear on Google Earth) but it was p***ing down and I was following several other cars.

No excuse, but I would have hoped that a bus & taxi only stretch of road was not treat as a viable route.
Very annoying yes, but unfortunately updates are always going to lag probably quite a way behind what actually exists on the road network. The way local authorities change things, that’s no surprise. From the time I bought my very first Garmin with a 2” screen, I never bothered to update any sat nav and never had a problem. I was a rep and drove all over the place. 99% of the time it got me to the intended destination. When the roads had changed, I just asked a native. Unfortunately sat nav maps are not always totally correct but compared to using A-Z maps they are amazing devices. Just don’t rely totally on their accuracy.
2020 - MY19 2018 R-Sport 30T AWD, Firenza, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano Roof, Touch Pro Dual, 40/20/40 Folding Seats. Heated s/wheel

2016- 2020 MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Aviator

Post by Aviator » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:04 pm

Well chaps and chapesses,

I have after a couple of false starts, finally I have updated mapping. :D

I reported back in the middle of October that I was off to the main dealer to be provided with a new SD card. Well that didn't happen, I did get to the main dealer and they 'did something' not sure what as the SD card was still the same one as before my visit. They did valet the car though and provide free coffee and biscuits.

So more emails to Jaguar Corporate Executive Support were sent. This week, after asking me to send the licence folder off the SD card, I was sent updated license software. This allowed me to use the updates website and download the new maps.

Obviously there was some issue with the way the card had been registered in 2017 which affected the licence. I guess the previous owner had no reason to update in the two years he had the car and so was blissfully unaware.

I must say if it wasn't for the two people in Corporate Executive Support this would not have been sorted, the dealer principal at the supplying main dealer couldn't even respond to my email and the second dealer I have my doubts as to whether they did anything.

This has left me concerned about where to go in future if I have issues under the warranty. Hopefully, I want have any.
17 Plate XE Prestige Petrol (2018MY) in Firenze Red