Standard ICT Sat Nav Updates

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
User avatar
j3bnl
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Forfar, Scotland

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by j3bnl » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am

KevinInSuffolkUK wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:45 pm
j3bnl wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm
PhilB wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm
I can't help with that as I have the Pro with a different system of updating.
I hope someone with the latest map on the ICT system might be able to help.
No probs.
Went into a dealership in Dundee this afternoon and their advice was wait till September as a new version was supposedly being released then?
Online version is 2019-2 so not sure if that is it for this year or not?
Anyone any idea?
How many updates have there been this this time last year ?
I’ve no idea how many updates there are per year. I was hoping someone on here with the non pro version would be able to help
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel


User avatar
Vespa
Posts: 5333
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am
Location: North West UK

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Vespa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:18 am

Just for interest you can insert your card into the laptop and go to the updater to see if it can be updated. Then wait until Oct without accepting the updates ie cancel updates after the check. That only takes a couple of minutes as it checks the card date issue of the data loaded to it.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me


User avatar
Milfordman
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:09 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Milfordman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 am

j3bnl wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am
KevinInSuffolkUK wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:45 pm
j3bnl wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 pm


No probs.
Went into a dealership in Dundee this afternoon and their advice was wait till September as a new version was supposedly being released then?
Online version is 2019-2 so not sure if that is it for this year or not?
Anyone any idea?
How many updates have there been this this time last year ?
I’ve no idea how many updates there are per year. I was hoping someone on here with the non pro version would be able to help
There are two map updates per year for the non pro. About £97.00 for an update.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.


User avatar
Mike Rometer
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:28 am
Location: N. Staffs

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Mike Rometer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm

Milfordman wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 am
j3bnl wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 am
KevinInSuffolkUK wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:45 pm


How many updates have there been this this time last year ?
I’ve no idea how many updates there are per year. I was hoping someone on here with the non pro version would be able to help
There are two map updates per year for the non pro. About £97.00 for an update.

Regards John
I can buy a whole new Sat Nav with lifetime updates for that much!!! :o :o :o
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)


User avatar
Gojira
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 pm
Location: Sandwell, West Midlands

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Gojira » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:26 pm

It's a lot cheaper than my Insignia would have been to update :o

Two years after I bought it, Vauxhall released a new Nav DVD.

For about 180 beer tokens :roll:

For some reason, I spent a lot of time after 2011 on roads opened between 2009 and 2011 with a "pleaase drive onto a digitized road" message displayed :mrgreen:

That was all the updates they -ever- did for it, so I'd say Jaguar are better than Vauxhall for nav updates :D
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:


User avatar
bjblyth
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 6:26 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by bjblyth » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Manufacturer updates to Satnav systems are a SCANDAL.

The uprising of Apple CarPlay and similar will end this at least, and allow use of constantly updated maps so whether there is a cost or not your map will constantly be the latest.

It's a shame we can't update the non Pro systems to use CarPlay :(
Santorini Black XE R-Sport (MY17) | Automatic 2.0 Diesel 180ps | Meridian System | Privacy Glass | Jet Leather Interior | 18" 5030 Alloys | Owned since May 2019


User avatar
Milfordman
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:09 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Milfordman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

bjblyth wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm
Manufacturer updates to Satnav systems are a SCANDAL.

The uprising of Apple CarPlay and similar will end this at least, and allow use of constantly updated maps so whether there is a cost or not your map will constantly be the latest.

It's a shame we can't update the non Pro systems to use CarPlay :(
I know. I was using the TomTom In Dash through Incontrol which I was happy with but it broke when they bought out Android 9 (pie).

I paid under £60 for the App and that included all map updates. I got three in one year. They are susposed to be working on a fix. Heres hoping.


Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.


User avatar
Vespa
Posts: 5333
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am
Location: North West UK

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Vespa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 pm

For £4.99 you can buy one of those mappy things called an ATLAS and plan your route. :D
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me


User avatar
KevinInSuffolkUK
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:09 pm
Location: Suffolk, UK

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by KevinInSuffolkUK » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm

I find the updater tool very non-intuitive.

It doesn't tell me what version of maps I currently have.

If I look at the data on my SD card, the UK maps have date 24/08/2016 and the map folder date is 25/05/2017. The newest date in the map folder are the .hnr files: 09/12/2016. This is the same date as the POI files. All of these dates seem pretty ancient for a car registered in May 2018 (InControl Touch activation date 24.05.2018).

Inside the car the navigation system information reads:
Software Version
9.12.38.669223
Database Version
JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU26.3.9908

I click 'Update Map' and it tells me "There is nothing to install"
I click 'Buy Updates/Redeem code' and it offers me "Map of Europe & Russia 28.1.10507"

I guess the 28.1.10507 relates somehow to the 26.3.9908 number - perhaps I have version 26 and the offered one is version 28?

Does anyone have any idea what the map dates would be if I purchased this upgrade ?

Would it be reasonable to assume that these would be at least 1 year newer based on the suggestion that the maps are updated twice a year?
MY18, Narvic Black, Latte/Light Oyster, Prestige Auto Petrol 200PS
Parking Pack, 10way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, Gloss Figured Ebony Veneer, 40/20/40, premium mats


User avatar
Milfordman
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:09 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Sat Nav Updates

Post by Milfordman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm

KevinInSuffolkUK wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm
I find the updater tool very non-intuitive.

It doesn't tell me what version of maps I currently have.

If I look at the data on my SD card, the UK maps have date 24/08/2016 and the map folder date is 25/05/2017. The newest date in the map folder are the .hnr files: 09/12/2016. This is the same date as the POI files. All of these dates seem pretty ancient for a car registered in May 2018 (InControl Touch activation date 24.05.2018).

Inside the car the navigation system information reads:
Software Version
9.12.38.669223
Database Version
JLRNLIFC6EU;HMEU26.3.9908

I click 'Update Map' and it tells me "There is nothing to install"
I click 'Buy Updates/Redeem code' and it offers me "Map of Europe & Russia 28.1.10507"

I guess the 28.1.10507 relates somehow to the 26.3.9908 number - perhaps I have version 26 and the offered one is version 28?

Does anyone have any idea what the map dates would be if I purchased this upgrade ?

Would it be reasonable to assume that these would be at least 1 year newer based on the suggestion that the maps are updated twice a year?
28.1.10507 is indeed the latest map but exactly how old is hard to tell. Probably six to twelve months old. There is always a lag with the maps.

Regards John
XE PRESTIGE 2.0 i4 200PS. British Racing Green, Latte Leather, Electric Seats, Folding Mirrors, Lumbar Support, Meridian 380W, Satin Burr Ash veneer, Folding Seats, 18" Alloy space saver spare wheel, Configurable mood lighting and Parking Pack.


Post Reply

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”