Jaguar XE Forum banner

Incontrol Pro Software Update latest S22A_22.32.4-928505 (Nov 22)

149K views 436 replies 74 participants last post by  ChrisCJ 
#1 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
From what I understand, you'll need to contact your dealer and they will push the update to your vehicle via ToPIX. That's even if you've had SOTA previously enabled. Only then would you be able to dowload this particular SOTA.

#5 ·
"WI-FI
Systems that were previously unable to connect to Wi-Fi can now do so, this enables SOTA for these
vehicles"

Any idea what this means? I think IMC has bluetooth and wifi in single chip and cars do have bluetooth and wifi antenna. Is this enabling ICTP to connect mobile hotspot and get updates using it?

#6 ·
I hope it does. It would be a sensible change.

#7 ·
Ian d said:
To all those who are wanting Apple CarPlay/Android Auto just get this update and it comes with it for free. No more dealers charging for it!
Did you manage to get this installed? I'm suffering with audio pops / crackles, and I'd like to see how hard I should push my dealership to make it available..

#8 ·
From personal experience, phone your dealer and ask if your car is able to do SOTA. Mine is an early 2019 model year Portfolio with Pro and is capable of using our home WiFi but is having to go in to have its software updated to allow it to do the latest update. I got so far and it's now "stuck" saying it is downloading.

#9 ·
eski said:
"WI-FI
Systems that were previously unable to connect to Wi-Fi can now do so, this enables SOTA for these
vehicles"

Any idea what this means? I think IMC has bluetooth and wifi in single chip and cars do have bluetooth and wifi antenna. Is this enabling ICTP to connect mobile hotspot and get updates using it?
It allows the infotainment system to access external Wi-Fi networks, previously connection to external Wi-Fi networks was only with the Telematics TCU (and this is not supported in all territories).

#11 ·
BevC said:
From personal experience, phone your dealer and ask if your car is able to do SOTA. Mine is an early 2019 model year Portfolio with Pro and is capable of using our home WiFi but is having to go in to have its software updated to allow it to do the latest update. I got so far and it's now "stuck" saying it is downloading.
Thanks - I reached out and I'll confirm what happens.

#13 ·
I have contacted my dealer and asked them to ensure the car's infotainment software is updated to this S19B level prior to handover. They have promised to do it.

So far the dealer experience has been pretty positive.

#14 ·
spritely said:
I Can happily report mine has updated ok this afternoon. Now have Apple CarPlay/Android Auto - woohoo. This update has seemed to make things a bit more fluid.
What did you do to get it to update? I have updates enabled but just get a message saying I'm up to date......I'm not as I'm on 19a from the dealer in July.

#16 ·
Maybe a silly question, but who would be my dealer? I bought the car from Jag in Hull, but as I live in London, I had its first service carried out at Rockar, Bow. Would I ask the supplying dealer, or the servicing dealer, or does it actually matter?

I'm on 19A, which seems to have SOTA, but I've never seen any updates come through. Every time I check it says software is up to date. Doesn't matter if I'm connected through the SIM card or my home Wifi.

I would like to get my hands on Android Auto, so would be good if it is in fact included in this update FOC.

WhoRu

#20 ·
Am new to this forum and new to Jaguars so please be gentle with me if this is a stupid question.

I purchased my car on Saturday and it has ICT Pro with dual/split screen and also has it's own WiFi hotspot.
If I understand correctly what reading up I have done so far there were issues with the Pro system on earlier causing lag and dropping out etc ?

My problem is this, from the very little I have driven the car so far I don't seem to have any problems with my ICT Pro, so presume it had the earlier update to sort out these issues, how do I find out if it did ?

If it did have the earlier "fix" is the update in this thread going to be a freebie OR will I have to get creative at the dealer?

#21 ·
They will only update the software under warranty if there is an issue that you complain about. Creativity may therefore be required.

#22 ·
mdem said:
They will only update the software under warranty if there is an issue that you complain about. Creativity may therefore be required.
That's what I was thinking but wanted confirmation, so would anyone care to chip in with what is a g/teed to "get it fixed" problem ? baering in mind that the car, may or may not have, had the previous update.

#24 ·
Marks_DTM said:
WhoRu, you have a PM
Hi Mark,
Was talking with you last week by PM but seem to have now been locked out of PM's (probably due to low post count).

Sorry for the lack of communication but I found out the car had no Sim fitted, that should now be with me tomorrow when, hopefully, we can resume where we left off, FYI the last update the car received was 18/9/19, before my ownership.

Do you happen to know if there is anybody on this forum that is into coding etc ?

Ralph

#25 ·
mdem said:
I think that may depend on the dealer. Having collected my car only 3 weeks ago, Harwoods have booked it in for the update next week. I have reported no issues with the Infotainment system.

Does anyone know if Apple CarPlay will be available on MY2018 models? Spotify disappearing is right royal PITA :-(

#26 ·
According to posts in another Jaguar forum, the S19B update includes Apple Carplay and Android Auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.