Jaguar XE Forum banner

Any documentation on how to use voice control?

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Pete McK 
#1 ·
I am working out how the voice control can e.g. play music via trial and error.

I have searched and it seems everyone is in the same boat - is there any documentation that e.g. gives a comprehensive list of commands or keywords?

For example, if I want to play a specific song on USB, how would I do it and what are the keywords e.g. does is it helpful or compulsory if I say 'artist' in front of the artist name?

#2 ·
Have you tried simply pressing the voice button , and it will then show a few common commands on the screen. The last option in the list should be an option to view all available commands and choosing it should show you a list of all the commands you can say. You can say the number of that option (5 I think) or choose that on the touch screen and see the full list on screen. Hope this is what you were after

#3 ·
I don't know which version of incontrol you have but certainly as Fred says there is a lot of info on the screen including a tutorial on standard ICT.
On the list of voice commands if you see an "i" then pressing this will give more info for the relevant command.
For your problem try saying "media" and see what lists come up.

#6 ·
Doe worry, it cor understan' propa Black Country spake, nither :lol:

That, and I feel silly talking to it! :eek:

I -might- practise with it one day, but it is a long way down the list of things to do....

#7 ·
From memory press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say play followed by the name of the track/artist.
To use the phone portal press the voice command and say call followed by the name of the person. If there is more than one number listed, you will be asked to choose which number to dial.
I'm sure when you press the voice command it should give examples of what to say. I've found it works quite well for me, but I don't use it very often.

#8 ·
Gojira said:
Doe worry, it cor understan' propa Black Country spake, nither :lol:

That, and I feel silly talking to it! :eek:

I -might- practise with it one day, but it is a long way down the list of things to do....
I have friends that live in a street called 'Fairy Dell', believe it or not. If you're up for a challenge, try to get the Sat-Nav to understand the street name!

#10 ·
I wanted to see what mpg i was getting today, so wanted to get voice control to open the eco data screen but couldn't get it to understand - it sounded very proud of itself when it did completely the wrong thing instead though :)

Is it possible to use voice control to move between screens?

#11 ·
T0nnage said:
I wanted to see what mpg i was getting today, so wanted to get voice control to open the eco data screen but couldn't get it to understand - it sounded very proud of itself when it did completely the wrong thing instead though :)
Is it possible to use voice control to move between screens?
Afraid not.
Mark 1 finger will have to do .

If you must find your mpg whilst driving along then press the button on the end of the lighting stalk.
It will show mpg etc etc at the bottom of the instrument panel.

#13 ·
T0nnage said:
PhilB said:
Afraid not.
Mark 1 finger will have to do .

If you must find your mpg whilst driving along then press the button on the end of the lighting stalk.
It will show mpg etc etc at the bottom of the instrument panel.
Thanks - i hadn't found that button on the stalk!
You can change what range of info it shows here as well, in the options menu. Otherwise there can be a lot of info to scroll through!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.