Incontrol journey fault?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Vespa

Incontrol journey fault?

Post by Vespa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:50 pm

I am not getting any journies showing up for over a week now yet all the other info is showing uptodate ie mileage of car, security, current position etc. Is anyone else experiencing the same? I have cleared all the old journies and switched journies off and back on again.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Gojira

Re: Incontrol journey fault?

Post by Gojira » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:46 pm

I was going to say it was working fine here....

It has all my journeys in the last week - except the last one, an hour or so ago!

The milage appears to be correct, but it thinks I'm still parked at the Sandwell Valley, almost 5 miles from here.

Ain't technology wonderful? :roll:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Mine is working fine. I have the old and the new app on my phone and they are both up to date.
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:53 am

Vespa wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:50 pm
I am not getting any journies showing up for over a week now yet all the other info is showing uptodate ie mileage of car, security, current position etc. Is anyone else experiencing the same? I have cleared all the old journies and switched journies off and back on again.
Hi Vespa

I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago. Below is part of my previous post detailing how I cleared it following info received from crc:

Turn off Journeys in the app, turn journeys back on again. Drive at least a mile, then press the left hand overhead call button for at least 15 seconds. Then lock the car and the app should show the journeys again.

I had already tried that a few days ago but on that occasion, I wasn't sitting in the car when I turned the journeys off and back on. This time I was in the car when I did it and it worked although it didn't bring back the missing journeys from 11/9 to 17/9. Oddly only the ones from the 18/9 to today appeared. I had another call this afternoon from crc to check if the fix had worked. She seemed to think that the car had not been communicating but it's strange that it was updating mileage and petrol etc but not Journeys on the app. Can't say for sure if it was sitting in the car that did it, but worth trying if you have the same issue.
MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks for that. I did several methods yesterday and on one press of the overhead button got rescue. :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

BOBCDP

Post by BOBCDP » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:02 am

Vespa wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 am
Thanks for that. I did several methods yesterday and on one press of the overhead button got rescue. :lol:
Haha :D :D . I did that once not long after I bought the car and was just fiddling. :D :D
MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:46 am

One of my journeys yesterday took longer than usual to load up.
There are reports elsewhere of journeys being slow to load so I think it's probably issues with the JLR servers again.
:roll:
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:51 am

PhilB wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:46 am
One of my journeys yesterday took longer than usual to load up.
There are reports elsewhere of journeys being slow to load so I think it's probably issues with the JLR servers again.
:roll:
Thanks for that Phil. I have been through all the reset methods that we are familiar with now and still no journeys. Everything else updates. I have sent screen shots to JLR CEC and phoned twice but no response as yet. I assume that they are aware after they made Incontrol "more stable" about two weeks ago. ie another balls up.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:23 pm

I spoke too soon the other day. Yesterday I visited some car dealers in Lancashire looking for a new car for my wife. Today when I went to work I checked my journeys and they weren't showing since Monday. It was also showing my car as still parked where it was earlier yesterday. This evening I checked again, still no journeys since Monday, and it is now showing my car as parked at a dealership in Lancashire were I was yesterday afternoon. Funny how the car moved 70 miles without making a journey! LOL
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

BevC

Post by BevC » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:52 pm

My journeys have not updated since Monday and my car is parked near work apparently - strange really as he’s sitting outside home.

The worst words in the English language - new and improved or update to improve stability/experience.
Current MY2019 Corris Grey/Oyster Portfolio 180 Auto AWD
Previously MY2015 Polaris White/Ebony Prestige 163 Manual

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”