Incontrol journey fault?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Vespa

Re: Incontrol journey fault?

Post by Vespa » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Ring Jaguar CEC https://www.jaguar.co.uk/contact-us/index.html They will be able to help, I am sure.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:04 pm

If I said it doesn't seem to be updating journeys again, would anyone really be surprised? :)

I'm sure there is less reliable IT out there somewhere, but I'm not going to go look :lol:
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Gojira wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:04 pm
If I said it doesn't seem to be updating journeys again, would anyone really be surprised? :)

I'm sure there is less reliable IT out there somewhere, but I'm not going to go look :lol:
Give that man a coconut. :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

psmitche

Post by psmitche » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi Vespa

I’ve been in contact with them and they really couldn’t. They sent me to the dealer, who sent me back to them. They then failed to make contact with me for days, and then told me to go back to the dealer.....

I’ll check my battery, and then go back to them again

Cheers
R-Sport 180d Auto, Glacier White with black pack, 19" Black Radiance wheels, cold climate pack, jet/red interior, privacy glass

landscape

Post by landscape » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Vespa wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:31 am
It is definitely not battery issues. It is JLR servers. Perhaps JLR CEC would take a look at it. I contacted them a few weeks back and they were aware of problems then. A fix was applied and that too has now failed.
The reason I thought it might be battery related is that it seems to be related to my use of the car.

For instance, I used the car every day last week until Thursday, and the journeys loaded promptly and correctly. I didn't use the car on Friday; when I used it again on Saturday (for a series of short journeys) the journeys were all missing. I then used the car for longer journeys on Sunday after which all journeys appeared (including Saturday) ... but as straight lines only and with "unknown" start and end locations. This happened before - the full details loaded as I used the car in the following few days, so I guess I'll see what happens this week as I use the car for work.

There also don't seem to be too many complaints at the moment (unless anyone tells me differently) so I'm not entirely convinced it's not battery related for me at least.

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 pm

That sounds similar to what mines done over the last few days...

Up to last Friday, behaving itself, even on short Journeys.
Saturday - a 50 mile journey, updated with proper route and locations, within a couple of minutes of parking up.
Sunday - return 50 mile trip, straight line on map between unknown locations, starting and finishing at correct points.
Today - two short journeys (shopping trip), not appeared, but the Odometer and Range readings matched the car display within a couple of minutes.

I think it is trying to drive me round the twist, although there are those who claim that's a very short journey :oops:

Based on past experience, it will probably update eventually, maybe when someone puts a shilling in the server room meter!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

landscape

Post by landscape » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Gojira wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 pm
That sounds similar to what mines done over the last few days...

Up to last Friday, behaving itself, even on short Journeys.
Saturday - a 50 mile journey, updated with proper route and locations, within a couple of minutes of parking up.
Sunday - return 50 mile trip, straight line on map between unknown locations, starting and finishing at correct points.
Today - two short journeys (shopping trip), not appeared, but the Odometer and Range readings matched the car display within a couple of minutes.

I think it is trying to drive me round the twist, although there are those who claim that's a very short journey :oops:

Based on past experience, it will probably update eventually, maybe when someone puts a shilling in the server room meter!
Very interesting - thanks. Just to note, my odometer and range always seem to update (unless there are major connection problems) regardless of whether journeys are showing correctly or not.

Perhaps we can get a deal on two new batteries? ;) Although yours is newer which gives me hope!

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:52 am

Methinks this is going to be the next big issue after the famous other thread we are not allowed to mention. :lol: :lol:

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am

landscape wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Very interesting - thanks. Just to note, my odometer and range always seem to update (unless there are major connection problems) regardless of whether journeys are showing correctly or not.

Perhaps we can get a deal on two new batteries? ;) Although yours is newer which gives me hope!
I hope it isn't the battery :lol:

But there have been intermittent problems with the InControl journeys for the whole time I've had mine, and they usually seem to clear after a few days, so hopefully it'll be the same this time.

The missing journeys from yesterday have appeared, with pins where I parked and straight lines connecting them, and it is still showing the starts and finishes as "location unknown", despite the email version having the latitude and longitude to a ludicrous seven or eight decimal places, or less than half an inch! :ugeek:

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 am

In my experience the issues over the last few weeks have always had the mileage and DTE correct whilst the journeys have sometimes gone awol or straight lines.
As I have a 48v system running the show and I'm still affected I doubt if it's the battery in the XE.
I'll point straight at JLR servers as the culprits.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”