What size battery is fitted to the new XE

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Bazzamf

What size battery is fitted to the new XE

Post by Bazzamf » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 pm

i'd be interested to hear from anyone, who has the latest XE regarding the size of battery fitted. The older versions like mine, are fitted with an 80Ah battery, which seems too small to support the stop/start system as reported so many times on this forum. My battery was replaced earlier this year under warranty and the s/s worked for about 8 weeks and now hasn't worked for the last few months, even after several over night charges.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

PhilB

Re: What size battery is fitted to the new XE

Post by PhilB » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:40 am

On the S/S thread back in August you mentioned you were going to get the software update done.
Looking back that seems to have fixed it for most people ( JTB00664v3 ).
Did you get it done ?
Or if so didn't it fix things?
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:53 am

I think the battery size may affect the SS to some extent. I have the larger one fitted now, and this week I've had several trips when SS hasn't operated when it normally would have. There were no bum, hand warmers or AC on,. i.e. no excess loads or any of the other usual factors. I can only assume that due to my recent type of running the battery is struggling a little to keep up, it will get a 70 mile run later today. we'll see what it's like after that.
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:13 am

Fitting a larger battery may give you some respite for a while until the incorrectly calibrated modules lower it back to where it won't support S/S.
If you keep charging it then it will give you S/S for a while until the modules take over again.
If the software is updated then it works.
Most people that have had this done are using the standard sized battery as well.
My battery had never even seen a charger and after an update it worked every time.

I'm sure someone who has a MY20 will be along to give details of which battery is fitted.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Mine is working fine and no top ups for a while now. In fact it has been OK since Feb when the 90Ah battery was fitted by the dealer at my expense. Whether any other updates were done then I don't know but they usually tell me of any extra work done.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:16 pm

PhilB wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:40 am
On the S/S thread back in August you mentioned you were going to get the software update done.
Did you get it done ?
Hi Phil, It's something I still have to address with my dealer. I should have done it some time ago, but kept putting it off because it doesn't affect the day to day running of the car. Now I am kicking myself as my local dealer has moved 26 miles from me. Hey ho!! However, now I am fairly confident that a software update may do it, I'll contact my dealer next week.

Mike Rometer

Post by Mike Rometer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Mike Rometer wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:53 am
I think the battery size may affect the SS to some extent. I have the larger one fitted now, and this week I've had several trips when SS hasn't operated when it normally would have. There were no bum, hand warmers or AC on,. i.e. no excess loads or any of the other usual factors. I can only assume that due to my recent type of running the battery is struggling a little to keep up, it will get a 70 mile run later today. we'll see what it's like after that.
Returned from the trip and SS was working properly again before we arrived at our destination. However, I turned it off in close traffic before the M/way on the way back, and forgot, then I wondered why it wasn't working again as we got home! Dohhh! :lol: :lol:
Jag No 3. 2 Litre petrol Prestige 200. Italian Racing Red. 65 plate

My other vehicle is coal fired. 8-) (very lo-tech)

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm

I have done that a few times as well. :lol: :lol: :oops:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Bazzamf wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:16 pm
PhilB wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:40 am
Did you get it done ?
Hi Phil, It's something I still have to address with my dealer. I should have done it some time ago, but kept putting it off because it doesn't affect the day to day running of the car. Now I am kicking myself as my local dealer has moved 26 miles from me. Hey ho!! However, now I am fairly confident that a software update may do it, I'll contact my dealer next week.
I've booked the car in for 10 December and I will mention the software update when I take it in. It will be interesting to see what the dealer does.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 am

Yesterday after 4 days of not being driven, I decided to try the remote start as it was frosty. I expected it to not activate but it did and the s/s worked everytime I stopp after that. Perhaps the bigger battery has a lot more punch as my 80Ah wouldn't have done that.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”