Non pro Meridian driver door vibration

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Ian0304

Non pro Meridian driver door vibration

Post by Ian0304 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:15 pm

Had the vibration from the driver side door which other guys appear to have experienced with the Meridian system.
Dealership suggested it is fine and related to my base setting which I did not accept as I’ve tried every possible combination and the sound remains distorted.
I showed the tech who heard the vibration and thus will order a replacement speaker as this is where the vibration appears most prominent. I’d have thought removal of the door panel would be primary action.
Does a new speaker appear to rectify the problem? I have read that others have had software updates and vibration dampener kits fitted to resolve this problem if any of you guys could advise? 👍🏻
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.

Mikeyjd

Re: Non pro Meridian driver door vibration

Post by Mikeyjd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:20 pm

I would have thought if the bass settings were causing the problem it would affect both sides. A faulty speaker can cause vibration, but so can a loosely fitted speaker. I agree, I would have thought they would remove the door panel and check the speaker isn't loose before assuming it is faulty. Is this a warranty or chargeable repair?
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

A poorly mounted speaker could rattle on its mounting, but it's unlikely and would merely need tightening up. A defective drive unit would produce s rasping sound usually.

There are many components in a door, and it would seem that in the XE most of them have the potential to rattle. Does the sound occur when driving over noisy surfaces without the sound system on?
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 pm

It’s a warranty repair and the noise only occurs when the sound system is on thanks all 👍🏻
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.

JasperTheJag

Post by JasperTheJag » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 am

Mine's been back in 2 twice to have both fron door cards removed and padded out. They changed a speaker on the last visit too, all under warranty.

It's fixed most of it, but not all. Regardless, Hatfields in Sheffield have been great.
'17 180D R Sport, Firenze Red.

Merdoc

Post by Merdoc » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi Ian, Yep i had the same thing.
It seems the door cards and speakers are mounted on some foam stuff. Over the years it goes hard and that allows vibrations to transfer. It was the passenger side for me. They removed the door card and replaced foam.
I thought it was speaker had blown but it fixed the problem. It was fixed under warranty, but they tried to make out they were doing me a favour and it should have been chargeable.

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Thanks for the information guys that’s very helpful. I’m waiting for the new speaker and will mention the other bits too. We’ll see how that goes and I’ll keep everybody updated 👍🏻

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Does anybody know the latest software version for the meridian 380w non pro or their current version? K451 keeps popping up but it may be an older code if anybody could verify? 👍🏻

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:44 am

Ian0304 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm
Does anybody know the latest software version for the meridian 380w non pro or their current version? K451 keeps popping up but it may be an older code if anybody could verify? 👍🏻
K451 was an old software update to fix the system after a previous update knackered it.
I don't recall any newer updates I'm afraid.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Rob Wright

Post by Rob Wright » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:37 am

This any help;

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6058&hilit=Touch+version&start=10
Caesium Blue 30T AWD Portfolio '17 plate, ICTP, Meridian Surround, and lots more! :D

Previously a 25D R-sport.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”