ICT (non-pro) Carplay/Android Auto

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Borat1987

Re: ICT (non-pro) Carplay/Android Auto

Post by Borat1987 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:28 pm

edu0939

Post by edu0939 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:33 pm

This is how the XE looks without the fancy plastics. Where you can see something like a bright green usb socket, that is where your anchor is located and will need to be taken out. If anyone needs a carplay unit or a video detailing the installation of this awesome piece of kit, PM me.

The Carplay unit also allows the retrofit of rearview camera which will cost another £10 on eBay. (installing the camera in the boot is quite easy, pulling all the cables to the front is not !!!)

I have managed to get a good price agreed with the suppliers - £350 per unit and delivery time is max 7-10 days to UK.

91AB1FA6-1642-4D72-9906-21A0B42A0791.jpg

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Sounds similar to the kit I had in my Audi A4 but easier to install as this time there’s no membrane to install on the screen to convert it to touch.

Do the next, previous and volume buttons works on the steering wheel in things setup?
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

ere0839

Post by ere0839 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:56 am

Is there any chance of getting video demonstration of this unit uploaded. I am interested to see how this unit works with Android auto and with incoming phone calls. Does the phone have to be paired to the cars bluetooth and the new interface box?

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:24 am

ere0839 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:56 am
Is there any chance of getting video demonstration of this unit uploaded. I am interested to see how this unit works with Android auto and with incoming phone calls. Does the phone have to be paired to the cars bluetooth and the new interface box?
In the examples I’ve used in the past you had to wire (usb) or wirelessly connect to the third party box.

The one I had on my A4 has its own Mic that I had to mount for calls. The one I had worked well for CarPlay but audio and stuff was bad on Android Auto....to be fair the one I bought didn’t advertise the Android Auto feature it just happened to have it and I gave it a go. This one shown may work better with Android. I would join an online call for a live demo if one was arranged.

ere0839

Post by ere0839 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 pm

I have managed to find a couple of videos on YouTube showing uniquie auto developments unit running android auto running on the 8" unit. Borat1987 /edu0939 do both your units work the same way?

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Those videos are useful. I need to check the Unique AD install video again to check how detailed it is.

The unit from my Audi worked very similarly to that in the video but Android Auto didn’t work as well as That (I mostly used CarPlay)

When COVID is over I may be tempted to get another Unique AD unit since I’ll be driving daily, unless the others posted here are essentially the same system for cheaper.

I would guess unique AD are just rebranding a Chinese product and that these are all the same.....but could be wrong.

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm

edu0939 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:33 pm
This is how the XE looks without the fancy plastics. Where you can see something like a bright green usb socket, that is where your anchor is located and will need to be taken out. If anyone needs a carplay unit or a video detailing the installation of this awesome piece of kit, PM me.

The Carplay unit also allows the retrofit of rearview camera which will cost another £10 on eBay. (installing the camera in the boot is quite easy, pulling all the cables to the front is not !!!)

I have managed to get a good price agreed with the suppliers - £350 per unit and delivery time is max 7-10 days to UK.
Does the unit support both CarPlay and Android Auto well?

Does it use the original Microphone for calls/Siri or do you have to wire in a new one?

Can you connect the USB to the standard InControl USB port or does it have its own connection direct to the new box?

Does this unit show as “IDCORE” (trying to figure out if it’s the same unit Unique AD sell but cheaper)

Thanks

warrenag

Post by warrenag » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:08 am

Unique AD are resellers for a Chinese company called Joyeauto.

Joyeauto manufacture the units, some say IDCORE on and some say JOYEAUTO, they're exactly the same though.

Joyeauto sell on their website and on aliexpress and are 100-150 cheaper than Unique AD, but don't offer warranty etc.

I looked into the conversion, but the steering wheel next and previous track buttons not working along with having to pair to a separate bluetooth device just doesn't seem worth it.

You can Whatsapp the guy at Joyeauto on +86 158 8973 6925
Jaguar XE 2.0D 163 MY2016 - Fuji White, Parking Pack, Jet/Red Interior, Black Pack

edu0939

Post by edu0939 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:07 pm

JAGDH wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm
edu0939 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:33 pm

Does the unit support both CarPlay and Android Auto well?

Does it use the original Microphone for calls/Siri or do you have to wire in a new one?

Can you connect the USB to the standard InControl USB port or does it have its own connection direct to the new box?

Does this unit show as “IDCORE” (trying to figure out if it’s the same unit Unique AD sell but cheaper)

Thanks
It works in the same way and I personally use CarPlay, but menu seems to accept Android Auto as well.

I had to install a second microphone for calls/siri (comes with the kit).

In the kit you also have an USB port cable which I have provisionally wired it in the glove box (did not use it yet).

Joyeauto are the manufacturers and as warrenag said Unique AD are resellers.

I have agreed a better price than Unique AD if interested, let me know.