Low Battery Warning after Battery Change

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Wolfie1

Re: Low Battery Warning after Battery Change

Post by Wolfie1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:40 pm

I am only telling folks the correct way of doing things without damaging their cars, if they don’t want to on their head be it, not my problem, i was only trying to help

MrFound

Re: Low Battery Warning after Battery Change

Post by MrFound » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

BOBCDP wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 pm
Wolfie1 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:41 am
You could try doing a hard battery reset, this will reset all the modules on the car, disconnect both battery leads and touch them together, this should never be done with a mhev but since yours isint it will be fine

Not a good idea with modern car electronics. All it will do is flash discharge any capacitors or other components which are still holding a charge and may be connected somewhere to the main 12 volt rails. It may do no harm at all but then again you could fry a sensitive component. The same effect can be achieved by disconnecting the battery positive lead and leaving it off for 20 minutes or so, then any components which store a charge will discharge slowly and safely.
I don't know about detaching the battery. Last time my battery ran out of juice the alarm thought someone disconnected it and put my car in safe mode. I had to drive it at a max speed of 40km/h (it is limited by the system) to the dealer in order to have it unlocked.