Jaguar XE Forum banner

SAT NAV REBOOT

11K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  First Jag-g-g 
#1 ·
I need to reboot my sat nav as its stuck In a cycle, can I remove a fuse and reboot it this way? I dont really want to disconnect battery as would have to reset windows etc etc 2017 XE

#3 ·
Hi, I have tried locking for an hour and going back to car no joy, I have also tried the sim card out for 30 mins still no joy .I'm only asking this fuse out option, as people are saying if you disconnect battery the windows and several other things need reprogrammed. Thanks

#6 ·
I think we could be getting confused here.
If it's a 2017 model then the nav is likely to be updated using the current memory stick method which has nothing to do with the any sim that might be in the car.

Older cars might be on the larger memory type cards which are inserted in a PC/Laptop for update and then in the car and those ARE unique to the car.

#7 ·
PhilB said:
I think we could be getting confused here.
If it's a 2017 model then the nav is likely to be updated using the current memory stick method which has nothing to do with the any sim that might be in the car.

Older cars might be on the larger memory type cards which are inserted in a PC/Laptop for update and then in the car and those ARE unique to the car.
Is this the pro or non pro? I took it as the sim out to be the SD card and the op was confused to the correct names.

Regards John

#8 ·
Milfordman said:
Is this the pro or non pro? I took it as the sim out to be the SD card and the op was confused to the correct names.
Fighterpilot said:
You may even have been supplied with the wrong SIM card and they are unique to each car.
I was trying to clarify that the SD card is unique to each car if fitted not the SIM before people start wondering about the sims they have.
Mentioning the sim card is just confusing the issue.
The op has a "2017" version so it could be pro or non-pro.

#11 ·
Might be a fault on the SD card itself. You could try copying the card to another one and see if that works. I know a copy will work ok in the same car. I made a "just in case" copy of mine in my previous car and that worked fine.

#13 ·
Have you tried just using the "stop guidance" function?

#15 ·
Just another idea, try charging the car battery. I only suggest this as many glitches with the XE electronics can be solved with a battery charge up.

Working down the "Whats New" page I see that you are querying battery charging. I would definitely give it a go. CTek chargers are best but LIDL do a cheapy similar in operation.

#16 ·
mussie012 said:
Hi will the stop guidance reset nav, it seems to be stuck in a loop trying to activate?
You could try but if it's stuck in a loop trying to activate that suggest it can't locate any satellites which could be a problem with your telematics module or the shark fin ariel. Best go to a dealer, I think, if stop guidance doesn't reset it.

#18 ·
mussie012 said:
Thanks for all the advice guys, sorry to sound thick but how do i access stop guidance ? Cheers
If the satnav hasn't actually initiated (ie map showing) you won't be able to access it.

#20 ·
mussie012 said:
Hi indianajons, that is whats happening.The cancel guidance is greyed out
Can you post a picture of the screen?

#22 ·
Have you tried copying the card onto another one yet? It could be something as simple as that.

#24 ·
Have you disconnected battery yet? That's probably the first thing I would have done.
Resetting the windows is a 10 second job.

#26 ·
Remove the SD card and then lock the car fully for 10 minutes. Then go back in and reinsert the SD card and retry.

Also make sure the SD card is unlocked.

Regards John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.